Chicken thighs

Same sort of rack. I had burned on fat that took a lot of work to get off.

1 Like

Another compendium…

1 Like

No. You will put potatoes on the tray underneath (the wire rack) next time. :potato: :triumph: :potato: :triumph:

3 Likes

Yes I will !!! :blush:

1 Like

I will be making Jacques’ chicken thighs with spinach tonight. Using boneless/skinless so am making some slight changes to accommodate the lack of fat in the skin.

1 Like

Adding a link to the other chicken thigh threadS

3 Likes

I cook my bone in skin on thighs six at a time on a sheet pan with parchment paper underneath at 350 for 55 - 60 minutes. I season them with salt and pepper and add whatever is in season and sounds good. Lately I’ve been baking them with thickly sliced peaches and nectarines. Other times of the year, I add cubed butternut squash, little yellow potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. We have some variation on this practically every week. It makes the house smell fantastic!

2 Likes

I never liked thighs but there are a half dozen asado de pollo estilo Monterey close to us and I enjoy it grilled plus all have great frijoles a la charro.

3 Likes

Husband has always eschewed dark meat, but when he turned away from all chicken I switched to thigh meat with good acceptance.

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Offal and friends

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Offal and friends

A post was merged into an existing topic: Offal and friends

I’d like more info on the sweet & hot Korean thighs @seal, lol.

1 Like

I bet!

A friend posted a recipe for caramel chicken thighs

I semi followed the recipe, what else is new…

Was really tasty

4 Likes

Looks wonderful. Maybe we could get the recipe? Thanks!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/caramel-chicken-7552532?fbclid=IwAR1zANJExYHjMnqIL3SgNv2c5pQBDQTtgzaZtwBVvrS5wXeopeTeHrFGKLQ

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Turkish chicken & rice. I added tomatoes and raisins to Conant’s recipe, omitted the broth. Didn’t follow his method.

I marinated the chicken in the yogurt mixture, lifted the chicken, added chopped tomatoes (8 cocktail tomatoes) and around half a cup of Arborio. Put chicken parts on top of the rice and tomatoes, baked at 325 F for 2 h as I ran errands. Probably could have had it at 300 F instead for 2 h. That said, it fell off the bone (195-205 F on my thermapen) but stayed juicy (thanks yogurt!)

2 Likes

I boned out some thighs the other day and tossed them in the electric smoker while trying out a new smoke pellet tube. Being boned they cooked quickly. Thighs are my favorite part of the chicken these days

4 Likes