Cheesesteaks

Yesterday I had the best cheesesteak ever. Its on the lunch menu & comes with fries. The crushed hot cherry peppers might make it a little spicy for some.

1 Like

I know you’re writing about the cheese steak, but brussel sprouts with honey and cap’n crunch?
I’m puzzled.
:wink:

Believe our own @NotJrvedivici has sung this dish’s praises before. I’ve seen this a cpl other places as well

1 Like

And Cap’n Crunch isn’t a NJ term for something else?
Yikes :flushed:

Pretty sure The HardRock Cafes have a Captain Crunch Chicken dish on their menu. I’ve always wanted to make it.

1 Like

Yes I have it was one of my wife’s favorite things. Now that my son is going there I’ve asked him to bring me some home so I can attempt to replicate.

@Lambchop I think perhaps they use it as a coating for a peanut butter flavored fried chicken? (I’ve seen it used for this before) I’ve never used it for that purpose but I have used Cheetos similarly.

5 Likes

Is there a dinner menu available somewhere?

Next time I go I’ll take a picture of the dinner menu.

1 Like

I now live a lot closer to Princeton so I am out that way more often. A bit further south still, just past the Quakerbridge Mall, is a legit hole-in-the-wall joint with no indoor seating called Meatheadz. With a name like that, obviously their specialty is … a vegeatrian fritatta. Or possibly cheesesteaks.

Since I was bringing it home and then reheating anyway, I chose to add my own cheese later. I got a double meat so this portion of it was heading for the fridge:

I coated one side of my Amoroso roll with my horseradish cheddar, nuked it, then ate my half with their Meatheadz sauce that I got on the side ( get this!!! )

It was really plentiful and good tasting, even though the reheating plays havoc with the juiciness of the beef. Is it worth a long drive? Hell no. But I’m glad I went and with a $4 regular order of fries, I have food for two meals.

8 Likes

Have heard they are great. Never got a chance to go when I worked over there.

Steak and hoagie in plainsboro is a shithole but they made a great cheesesteak. Full disclosure I have not been since 2020. But a potato cheesesteak with ketchup and mayo was awesome (means fries on it as well)
I’m not one for it but the buffalo chicken cheesesteak was thier
Biggest seller

2 Likes

@seal Next time you go, order it “wet.” Thank me later.

2 Likes

Pete Genovese has been posting cheesesteaks from around NJ all day today on his social media

3 Likes

Next time I will try the vegetable frittata, everyone knows that is the go-to there.

1 Like

Cockadoodle Dan’s (what. name) in Palmyra was the top-rated cheesesteaks among NJ contenders for the BZ Maestro Eats (https://bzmaestroeats.com) Top10 in the Philly Region list. IT came in at #6 Lillo’s Tomato Pies also made the list at #8. Reviews of many others are included, along with very interesting and thoughtful analysis of each in terms of what (he thinks) makes a cheesesteak good – roll, texture, balance of meat and cheese, etc. Well worth a look.

2 Likes

Trying to get as many outdoor meals as the weather permits. Today was a beautiful fall day in the northeast so for the game today was cheesesteaks. With peppers, onions, cherry peppers and potatoes. Served on a mayo toasted bun with yellow American and pepper Jack.

Sooooooooooo f’n good! LETS GO GIANTS!!!

16 Likes

Looks like a good one

This game is making me lose my appetite though

2 Likes

The resurrection of Geno Smith :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Revenge game for getting thrown under the bus for ending Eli streak

2 Likes

3 Likes