Cheesesteaks

As a native islander I should be offended… but honestly would agree

1 Like

Thoughts?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Is it me or is this a burger with some onions and cheese sauce?

I haven’t had one in probably 4 years, but the wendy burgers with the cheese sauce were pretty good.

1 Like

So I was introduced to this and have never seen it. Has anyone tried it? The low fat content doesn’t make for a great cheese steak (flavor wise) but the texture and tenderness worked. You need to pull this apart with spatulas. I didn’t cook but I will try this again with some butter.

2 Likes

Do you know where it’s sold?

Shoprite that I know of. Maybe other places too.

Wegmans sells something similar … shaved ribeye. I use it for cheesesteaks all the time.

Then, there’s this…

https://www.dominos.com/en/about-pizza/sandwiches/cheese-steak/

That is cool! I haven’t seen this but I will try it soon. Thanks for the tip.

My guess is that this isn’t great lol.

3 Likes

Wow. This is a dedicated cheesesteak fan! Has anyone tried this one he ranked the best?

3 Likes

no- but I’ve been meaning to; just never a chance to get out to that area. Place looks legit. There’s a decent place around there- Steak and Hoagie in Plainsboro, but this looks next level. I feel like CJ may move if it lives up to the hype…lol…woudl be nice to finally have one real, legit cheesesteak in NJ to match something like what Philly has.

3 Likes

Which one did he rank the best? (I refuse to disable my ad blocker in order to read the article.)

1 Like

Meatheadz in Lawrence township.

1 Like

Never tried them, but if I got that far I’d head over to Langhorne, PA for Steve’s.

I had them a few weeks ago after reading an article and finding out it is only a 20 minute ride. Very good cheesesteak and fries. My kids LOVED the milkshakes. The owners are very friendly as well. I think my favorite in NJ is Chick’s Deli in Cherry Hill, but liked Meatheadz as well.

5 Likes

I tried Meatheadz this week. I can see how someone who tried 300 places ranked them best. I wasn’t crazy about the place itself. Just a little roadside stand with some picnic tables. But I can see myself diverting off of route 1 to go here when driving through.

1 Like

Anyone had the cheesesteak at barnacle bills lately? Have a hankering for a cheesesteak tonight

1 Like

Not sure if you can access this without a subscription, so I’ll reveal the list after the link.

From the APP… National Cheesesteak Day: 5 Shore spots for a great cheesesteak https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/03/22/great-cheesesteak-jersey-shore/4668133001

The list:

Big Bob’s Original Philly Cheesesteaks, Englishtown
Philly Philly Steaks, Toms River
The Speakeatery, Asbury Park
Big Barlow’s BBQ, Barnegat
Pasquale’s Pizzeria III, Middletown

2 Likes

Add MY HOUSE to the list of great cheesesteak place, as I am now the owner of one of these beauties!!

10 Likes