Cheesesteaks

My guess is that this isn’t great lol.

3 Likes

Wow. This is a dedicated cheesesteak fan! Has anyone tried this one he ranked the best?

3 Likes

no- but I’ve been meaning to; just never a chance to get out to that area. Place looks legit. There’s a decent place around there- Steak and Hoagie in Plainsboro, but this looks next level. I feel like CJ may move if it lives up to the hype…lol…woudl be nice to finally have one real, legit cheesesteak in NJ to match something like what Philly has.

3 Likes

Which one did he rank the best? (I refuse to disable my ad blocker in order to read the article.)

1 Like

Meatheadz in Lawrence township.

1 Like

Never tried them, but if I got that far I’d head over to Langhorne, PA for Steve’s.

I had them a few weeks ago after reading an article and finding out it is only a 20 minute ride. Very good cheesesteak and fries. My kids LOVED the milkshakes. The owners are very friendly as well. I think my favorite in NJ is Chick’s Deli in Cherry Hill, but liked Meatheadz as well.

5 Likes

I tried Meatheadz this week. I can see how someone who tried 300 places ranked them best. I wasn’t crazy about the place itself. Just a little roadside stand with some picnic tables. But I can see myself diverting off of route 1 to go here when driving through.

1 Like

Anyone had the cheesesteak at barnacle bills lately? Have a hankering for a cheesesteak tonight

1 Like

Not sure if you can access this without a subscription, so I’ll reveal the list after the link.

From the APP… National Cheesesteak Day: 5 Shore spots for a great cheesesteak https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/03/22/great-cheesesteak-jersey-shore/4668133001

The list:

Big Bob’s Original Philly Cheesesteaks, Englishtown
Philly Philly Steaks, Toms River
The Speakeatery, Asbury Park
Big Barlow’s BBQ, Barnegat
Pasquale’s Pizzeria III, Middletown

2 Likes

Add MY HOUSE to the list of great cheesesteak place, as I am now the owner of one of these beauties!!

10 Likes

Now that you’re added to the list, please let us know the days and hours you are serving cheesesteaks so we can plan accordingly.

4 Likes

I got one of these too… solely for hotpot so far. Saved me a bunch of money from buying sliced meat from grocery stores.

1 Like

It looks like a simple good idea, essentially just a way of holding both the knife and the meat perfectly straight. Does it give you a way of controlling the thickness you’re cutting, or does that depend on a bit of skill?

Yes, you can adjust the thickness.
From my experience, it is not that simple to use but it is not overly difficult; does take some practice and skills. For me, i just need my meat slices to be about 1/16 of an inch or so thick and it works out for me. If you want really thin slice like paper thin, it might be a little trickier.

Amen, which one did you get and how do you like it? I bought the cheapo one because they all looked the same and it had good reviews, turns out the more expensive ones have longer blades. Like with mine it’s kind of hard or impossible to cut a decent size ribeye roast without cutting it down first.

(Just goes to show, if you mostly use the rocking technique to cut things, you need a long knife - that fact gets kind of emphasized when the tip end of the knife is actually bolted to the board.) :slight_smile:

Interesting, very interesting. I have a paper cutter here in the office if only I had some rib eye here I would give it a try. As @ycf04 pointed out, it’s not for paper thin which for cheesesteaks are fine, trying to shave some prosciutto, probably not. Best of luck with it joon, I either expect to be invited over as @BossaNova +1 or I’ll settle for just some pics of the final product(s).

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BPVKK5H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my wife picked it, i didn’t do any research.
It’s was about $55 when i bought it. Yeah, the blade’s probably not long enough for big chunk of meat.

Are these generally how cheese steak places prep the goodies, and do they all freeze the meat?

1 Like