Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

I give. Do tell.

lol I was straight up asking, I have no idea why it’s there.

Same with the coated fries…completely diff flavor profile…reminds me of potato puffs or what ever you call those nasty little potato barrels that came out in the 1970’s.

I think they are called Tater Tots.

They actually have their own thread:

1 Like

Yum vk!

80/20
Lump and pecan
Foodtown yellow cut thick
Sesame seed bun
Kosher salt
Black pep
A little baby rays

“Wood makes it good” as lino says

Sweet mother of char on that burger! Looks great!

Yum2!!!

Just had this baby at the Seville Diner on 18 in East Brunswick. “Brooklyn Burger” with Swiss mushrooms and bacon sans a bun per my request. While the burger was meh, the subbed onion rings in lieu of fries were very good!!!

2 Likes

Those are some awesome rings. I love rings !

Ringa-ding-ding !

Frankie’s and Barnacles have good ones.

I had dinner at Frankies about a month ago, pretty dam good rueben however the waitress forgot my rings substitute. :rage:

I think it’s time for a return engagement then.

They are worth the effort.

Brothers Red Bank, yesterday:

10 oz cheeseburger with fries for $ 8.49 plus tax. Burgers were simple and good, fries could have been blanched.

Brothers??? Hey next time why don’t you try the thin crust pie at 5 Guys!!!

Went to 5 Guys for the first time in many years after suffering many disappointments, and… damn they nailed the fries!!!

The first few times I went to 5 guys I kept getting horrible limp fries. Not this time. They were as perfect as any fry I’ve ever had.

Still not crazy about their burger… it’s very well put together but is lacking the magic. I’m thinking next time I’ll try something different, like maybe a jalapeno barbecue bacon cheeseburger. Might as well play around with the choices they give you. Either way, I’d return constantly if they can keep up their fry quality control.

I haven’t been there in ages. I went a few times and was never excited so I stopped going. I do remember the greasy brown paper bag to this day.

Some local smoke fries were tasty tonight. This was the first time I have tried them.

Gee, I would be happy too. Now if only there five brothers…

Actually the Brothers burger is pretty good, not too messed up, and it sure beats the hell out a McHappy meal for like a buck more.

Pour House Bacon Swiss burger:

Delishus.

1 Like