Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

Yes:

1 Like

80/20 blue cheese bacon burgers with sauteed mushrooms.

But NO lettuce and NO stinkin buns.

2 Likes

Sides included garden tomato salad, asparagus, and crispy fries.

And the best part, the burgers were FREE !

Foodtown screwed up on the label price…

1 Like

How’d they mess up? A little while back I got this thick dry aged ribeye at whole foods coming in at 1.3 or so…nice piece of meat. The kid rang it up as ground beef. That made it taste even better :slight_smile:

On a side note , I have always wondered what a fast food burger would be like rare. I like rare burgers and I thought the other day “man it would be cool to get a rare big mac.” Has anyone ever gotten someone to bend the rules and cook a burger rare at a fast food chain?

If foodtown charges you the wrong price due to their error they give you the item for free.

In this case, they mislabeled the ground beef such that it rang up only 50 cents per pound less, rather than the full dollar that was supposed to come off.

Hence 3.5 lbs of free 80/20.

Burger aficionados would be well served to check out The Orange Squirrel Burger at The Orange Squirrel in Bloomfield. Frank changed up the menu and put a burger on there that is as good as any you will ever have. A must try…the rest of the new menu is great as well, chicken fried prime rib is sinfully delicious.

We need some pics bud! Lol

I’m not up there much but I will keep this in my back pocket.

I’ve been cooking burgers still. The last two weeks I rocked out the grill but just some basic cheeseburgers, nothing fancy. If the wind lays down tonight I’m going to fire up some charcoal tomorrow.

The Orange Squirrel is one of the places I miss in NNJ, for sure…it’s in an odd location, but well worth the trip! Of course, if you keep going up Bloomfield Ave, you get to The Belmont Tavern, which is a whole OTHER discussion. @NotJrvedivici I’m betting you can chime in on that one! No burgers, though…

We’ve been vending at the Biergarten in AP the last couple weeks. They have a ‘Halle Burger’ which is pretty good.

Yes! That burger is yummy!

I tried the new Hawaiian burger with aged cheddar, pineapple, bacon and avacado. It’s was OK but not quite my style. I wanted to try something different. This was from the gaslight. They get the fries right here and they come out blazing hot.

Had the itch, mushroom swiss from the Pour House! Delicious!!

2 Likes

Hey I was there too. American Cheeseburger platter cooked rare. Nice and juicy.

I thought you woulda been porking n rolling at schmet life.

Pour House has a damn fine burger.

I just remembered you used to not like burgers. When did you turn into a burger guy?

Tickets wen to my son and his friends I didn’t go to this game and that was fine with me! What time were you there?

@joonjoon exactly why I said I " had the itch" was just in the mood for a burger so I went for it!

Late lunch Packers Bears.

Stopped off here first:

We note the Christ Child is wearing a Packers helmet, so at least this Christmas God is a Green Bay Packer…

Did you literally go visit his grave? I took a trip through there one day about 10 years ago to see if we could find it, but we didn’t. (I was expecting a larger/grandeur marker)

I go several times every year, usually before big games.

His wife, Marie, was from Fair Haven and they lived here when he was with the Giants. He took the train from Red Bank up to Yankee Stadium and had a group that played gin in the club car.

Vince Jr graduated from Red Bank Catholic.

Vince’s Sr’s parents are in the grave next to him and Marie.

Lunch:

Two cheeseburgers topped with a fried egg.