Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

JJ, it’s interesting that you say this. You know if you actually buy the double cheeseburger at McDonalds I have always thought that it has a certain slider-like quality to it.

I think white manna vs white rose is a North vs. Central kind of thing. I’m definitely in the white rose camp, but I will go white manna if I’m in the area and in the mood. White Manna aren’t bad, they’re just different.

I like white castle but had to give them a time out after seeing undercover boss.

Has anyone had the 50 50 burger at chubby pickle? I’ve been meaning to try this for like a year lol. Their burger is decent but I’d recommend getting it on half price night. For 5 bucks it’s a decent deal and they have some tasty drafts on tap.

heh heh, you said chubby pickle…

I personally skip the bacon on the burger and just get the side. This way I can throw some on whatever it is I’m eating.

Totally get you on the cali overpowering the onion flavor. This is actually one of my eternal burger struggles, and I am generally firmly in the “onions should be the only veg matter in a slider” camp. Next time I’ll try it without the cali.

1 Like

You know if you actually buy the double cheeseburger at McDonalds I have always thought that it has a certain slider-like quality to it.

I think it’s the stinky rehydrated onions. It’s the signature McDs flavor IMO.

What happened with White Castle on undercover boss?

1 Like

Basically the owner is a huge douche:

Well I guess that explains why most if not all White Castles I have visited in my life have run like un-oiled machines!

1 Like

I love those rehydrated onions. I’d buy them by the bucket full if i could.

You’re welcome !!

1 Like

sweet! they look like toenails

2 Likes

Quick story…

I went to put a little salt on a white castle slider one time many moons ago and saw this “sparkle” inside my burger. I probably would never have picked up on this if I wasn’t baked as hell. It was in college and the sun was setting at the Eatontown location and coming through the front windows. The sun hit something just right and the light reflected. I was like “am I really high or did my burger just wink at me?” I decide to investigate and it’s a piece of cellophane actually stuck in the patty. It appears to be a speck but as I pull it out it’s like 3/8th inch long by 3/4" and obviously smashed into the burger somewhere in the processing phase. It just didn’t get dropped on top. So that ruined my high, I chucked my lunch and gave up on white castle for several years. My buddies hammered theirs down and didn’t take me too seriously, even after showing them what was presumably a cigarette wrapper I yanked out of my slider.

Now I’m sure z man can easily top that story! Let’s hear it bud! Between Jr and z I think we could have a colorful book of food stories. I can make a few cameos guys.

Johnny , good story . From all the shit I ingested in my life . I would go back to White Castle . We don’t have them where I live . You can buy them in the frozen food section of our local grocery store . I had them and liked them , even frozen and reheated . I’m sure they don’t even compare to the greatness that you have . It’s time to hit those burgers up again Johnny . Go to White Castle and tell me about it .

This story is from a long time ago buddy! White castle and I have made up since then lol. :grimacing:

I honestly probably only eat it maybe twice a year. It always seems like a good idea but man, the next day isn’t the best. Ha!

Like joon said, most people either love them or hate them.

Does anyone know how far steak and shake has made its way up the east coast? I miss that place and I also wish we had a checkers locally . I think rt37 and rt 9 up north are the closest.

I hate the fucking word buddy , Thanks for the reply .

Can confirm a Steak and shake in midtown, right next to old letterman theater. Used to enjoy a Friday lunch there once in a while win wwii worked in the city…Def good stuff…never found a prize in my burger there though…

One time quite a few years ago I was eating a quarter pounder at McDonalds and when I bit into my burger I found something unusual … thee mixed in with the patty was a tiny speck of meat.

2 Likes

How did a thread on NJ’s best burgers devolve into a thread on White Castle. Eeuw !!

Worst chain ever.

1 Like

It’s on the bottom tier but the place has its fans. I’ll toss in subway for another bottom tier spot. I don’t know how that place is so popular.

Subway is trash I don’t get it…I do suppose on a road trip someplace unfamiliar it provides a meal if you’re unsure of anything else…but to go to any of them around here I don’t get…anything nd I see people ordering steak sandwiches and pizzas even…please if any Ho’s every see me ordering pizza at subway you can run me over with your car… the one good thing they used to have was the cookies but they screwed that up too…I won’t even go on ny big glove rant about that place…

1 Like

Maybe once a year, specifically at my sons request I find myself at Mc Donalds for lunch. There is something about a double quarter pounder with cheese that is just oh-so right. Once a year a guilty pleasure.

1 Like