Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

Just an FYI. Shake shack is opening in Monmouth mall. Old Bobby’s burger spot. Just read. Best of the fast food bunch by far.

No SH*T!?!?! That’s pretty exciting news, been wanting to try them from all I’ve read.

1 Like

I really like it. Do d it a cut above the other spots. Other food is good too. And service has been very good at the ones I’ve been too

I loved the cheeseburger, shack stack, crinkle fries and hot dog, as did this squirrel at the Madison park location. When I ate at Yonkers location I didn’t like anything :thinking:

Regardless, whatever you do, don’t skip the mushroom!

2 Likes

Didn’t realize that wasn’t fully public… I heard that six months ago! They’re also opening in the wall rest area, which has been re-done from what I understand. I’ll just say that I’m a big fan of Danny Meyer and I stood in line at the Madison Square, Park location when it was the only option and it was worth the wait!

I have never tried this place but I definitely will. Does anyone have any thoughts on how their cheese fries stack up to the windmill? This is an interesting article…

I only eat Mc Donald’s a couple times a year and when I do it’s 90% of the time drive through. (Full disclosure I eat Mc’ D’s breakfast much more frequently just not for burgers) Because of my schedule today and my burger envy from my sons Pour House burger dinner from last night I decided to stop into the Shrewsbury Ave location today for lunch.

I can’t tell you the last time I ate in here but apparently they changed it to a kiosk order location at some point so I got to try it. I think only one word can describe the experience;

Mc’ Clusterf*ck

Prior to today I could never say I participated in a Chinese fire drill but I think this is as close as comes. Nothing about this was easy and honestly besides the handicapped people working with pride, nobody seems to give a dam about customer service. Horrible just horrible.

The other thing is for $11.40 for a medium quarter pounder meal, I just can’t justify why people eat here vs The Pour House or the like where $13.-&14 gets you a far superior product and setting.

Convenience and recklessly child friendly seem to be the only 2 things dining in here offers.

6 Likes

Sorry lunch sucked, but this is solid gold!

2 Likes

Confectionately Yours on Rt 27 in Monmouth Junction has a Monday Special: burger & a milkshake (or malted which is my preference) for $12.99. The burger is pretty good & a nice size. The Malt however is outstanding. They make their own icecream.

3 Likes

This is why reviving old threads is worth while! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Sitting duck…

9 Likes

No pictures, and I apologize.

Had this, and it was fairly awesome. Delicious, juicy. If I’m being super critical the patties could use a little more browning on the smash burger style. I hope they can make the location work as for me it was magnitudes better than my one visit to Shake Shack in Eatontown.

Classic Double

(2) 5oz Angus Beef with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles & special sauce served on a toasted bun

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised they have survived this, nothing against them but that location is a jinxed spot. Do they cook them on a flat top grill or open flame grill? Shake Shack sucks, I went to the one on the Parkway rest area whenever it opened to see what all the hype was about, I was not impressed at all. (like I would just as well go to Mc’ Donalds and have a quarter pounder)

2 Likes

flat top

2 Likes

just an FYI- I’ve heard the one on the parkway is a major Sh*tshow. The one by Eatontown mall is supposed to be much better- I’ve enjoyed it when we’ve gone a few times.

Also, just looked this place up- burgers do look quite good. Problem is Keyport has so many spots now; this, Nemo, Old Glory, the diner, Mike subs, Nemos, McDonaughs, and of course the Fishery. Really a town with a good eating scene.
I wonder if the Phunk Elephant referenced is the spot in Staten Island?

3 Likes

Stormy night….perfect for Barnacle Bill’s!

10 Likes

Not behind a paywall. Some usual names in best ofs. Barnacle bills On here.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nicholas last night. Awesome burger and a few whiskey smashes

8 Likes

Love their burger - I get it plain, and it’s lovely. Something I do - I love their fries - but only medium-well withOUT the garlic.

2 Likes