Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

So I went on TOG’s website and the menu bears several references to Tumulty’s (i.e “Tumulty’s Wedge Salad”, etc). I wonder if they are the same owners? They seem to be pushing a jazz music scene so I wonder if the name Tumulty’s wasn’t cutting it with the more artsy population in New Brunswick and they changed the name to cater to a different clientele.

1 Like

If you are back in New Brunswick and craving a burger and don’t mind paying up, the Stage Left burger belongs in the burger Hall of Fame.

2 Likes

I also threw down my fair share of burgers (and wedge salads) at Tumulty’s in the mid to late 80s! I can’t believe it closed…Good to know that Tavern on George is good, though.

2 Likes

I’m a train nut and would love to see them as an adult.

2 Likes

I believe the door is the same, but couldn’t swear to it. I didn’t go to the downstairs, but the upstairs has been opened up and a bit brighter than Tumulty’s ever was,. They did a nice job with the remodel.

2 Likes

Went to Ader’s tonight for the first time. My mom went there with her friends a few weeks ago and wanted to take Justin and I out tonight. They both had burgers with different toppings. Had bites of both. Good burger, but nowhere near one of the best in NJ. I am convinced there is no way Pete Genovese visits any of the places he ranks. This was not standout by any means.

@corvette_johnny the cheesesteak was very good. Real sliced steak, not that thin steak-ums stuff.

Full review coming tomorrow, but as an aside, this IS a locals only bar. It was trivia night and when we walked in, I swear half the bar turned around and looked at us. On my way to the men’s room later on, no less than five people did a full turn around on their bar stools to look at me. I’ve never had this happen, and I’ve been to many dives. Not even at the shady Vic’s Roadside Inn (a true biker bar in the middle of nowhere, PA) did people give us outsiders attention.

1 Like

Wowzers! I’m standing by for the full report :slight_smile:

1 Like

This quote will not be in my review. Justin walked up to the bar to ask the bartender a question about drink specials or something. When he came back, he asks me rather loudly, “Do I have a dick on my forehead or something?” People were eyeing us up the whole night. I swear, both times I stood up, heads turned. It was bizarre!

This is exactly what happened when I went to the Chubby Pickle to hear friends play a few months ago! Such an odd feeling.

1 Like

Personally I hate when that happens.

(yes that is me, going to my brother in laws birthday party. Let’s just say I think he’s a d*ckhead. I’ll let Justin borrow the hat next time you guys decide to go. Seriously I do have a story for just about any topic imaginable)

D%20head

8 Likes

We can’t unsee that, but I’m not sorry.

You should thank me for cropping it, there was more to the ensemble!

1 Like

That’s unreal. No words. I can’t wait to show him that when he gets home later.

2 Likes

Great PIC describes you perfectly!!!

Please tell me you’ll wear this to go review Victory Park Tavern

6 Likes

Google served this up to me. Does anyone have any info?

My phone is acting up so I can’t get much info.

It’s in the spot directly next to Fantasy’s, that’s all I know Sir.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that spot. Can you elaborate? :smile:

4 Likes

Greg reported on this place: New Jersey Food News

1 Like

Doh. I’m an idiot.

1 Like