Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

I think they merit a try. The fajitas and the 0.5 Chikn with chimichuri look interesting too.

A bar with good Tex Mex is probably too much to Hope for.

Hey Ceej, have you tried the burger at Harborside in AH yet?

Someone was telling me the other day that they are pretty good.

Why is it that all the best burgers around here seem to be in bars?

10 oz Burger + Tap Beer (@ jersey shore) ~= Good Eats !

Yeah that red zone place is straight bar food but I’m hoping they might have a decent burger. Buy one get one is enticing. I’ll get over sooner or later.

And yes, I have had my share of harborside burgers…pretty decent but the pork chop is my go to dish there. I think that is their best dish…not great but pretty good for that place which I consider more of a pub than restraurant. I guess it’s a restaurant too but I always hang at the bar and there are some salty locals there. It is a mixed bag of people from blue collar to guys that walk down from their multi million dollar scenic Ave mansions.

Another place like that is the bar at Frankie’s in PPB for lunch/early dinner.

And their burger is just awesome. So good. Delishus.

I haven’t been there but I’ll try it when down there.

From the tst thread…

Not a great pic but a good burger “the spicy mama”

Some kind of rub on 2 4oz patties with spicy slaw and their “fire and ice” pickles. Not worth 11 bucks but tasty and messy lol…

You will never go near sweet baby ray’s again
the spicy variety is even better

Don’t know about you but I would rather eat Cookies than suck a bone :wink:

This stuff is awesome.

I’ll try yours if you try mine
Is it available in the non industrial size?
BTW, I hate liquid smoke flavor in sauce, is there any in Cookies?

Oh, yes…been eating Bone Sucking Sauce since before you could find it anywhere! WONDERFUL product.

1 Like

Also available in the convenient 18 oz size.

Don’t know what’s in it, but it’s delishus.

1 Like

Homemade no cheese burgers.

Next to Livottis chkn sausage wit parmesan, roasted red peppers and broccoli rape.

Also not NJ, but on my way driving across the country this week we stopped in Santa Fe and ate at Santa Fe Bite. They were named the 5th best burger in the US. For a change the hype did not disappoint and I’m happy to report this was a great burger. I’d include a picture but we were really hungry and I didn’t pause for a second to take a pic before I ate it. I could put up a shot of the Grand Canyon instead if anyone needs a pic here…

Back to boring burgers without green chili on them in a few days.

3 Likes

Well now you have to tell us about this burger!

Vik did they have those badass tomahawk veal chops at livotis? I have to try them out soon.

1 Like

You know it was pretty crowded and I had to get back to Helga at TJ Maxx, so I just grabbed some eggs and the sassage on special and got in line.

Sassage was pretty good, can’t complain, although otherwise I am not a huge fan of broccoli rape.

I will have to go back on a week day when it’s not full of idiots.

Where are those tomatoes from? Amazing looking

Also try the eggplant parm if you like it at all, they make one of the best I’ve ever had.

Yeah I can imagine that place gets crowded on the weekends

I didnt have any cheeseburgers but I demolished like 3 dozen clams at my uncles yesterday . Good stuff

1 Like

Heirloom brandywines from the plant in my back yard:

Here are some more.

Tomatoes thanks to the dry August are fewer this year but are also more flavorful.

1 Like

Yum. Those look like drunken clams:

Not too much time this morning so I’ll make it quick. New Mexico is famed for having green chili cheeseburgers and you can get one all over the state. The two places that are arguably the best for them are Bobcat Bite and Santa Fe Bite. We stayed very close to Santa Fe Bite right in the middle of Santa Fe.

The burger is very simple - just meat, cheese, and those amazing green chilis. I didn’t muck it up with anything else although I usually like ketchup on my cheeseburgers. I’m not sure who decided on the best burgers in the USA, but this one definately made my list of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten.

2 Likes

Bacon blue cheese burger at Broad Street Diner in Keyport:

100 % certified delishus.

After our drive home from Boston, we stopped for the blue cheese bacon burger at the Keyport Diner. We concur!

2 Likes