Celery..can we give it some attention?!

Seafood salad with celery, white beans, parsley, red onion, olive oil and lemon. So damn obvious I didn’t even think of it, and I HAD IT LAST NIGHT.

seafood%20salad

2 Likes

Nice combination of flavors I never would have thought of. Thxs.

1 Like

What type of seafood did you use? I cant tell from the photo. Sounds refreshing.

Mussels, scallops, shrimp & squid. I didn’t make it - I had it in a restaurant. This one, if you’re interested.

1 Like

Always up for a restaurant recommendation.

That Kombu celery is AMAZING!! The serving size is totally wrong though. One recipe = one serving :wink:

1 Like

Ooh i made that a few times and it’s fantastic- i had to swap out the parm and used some capers for a salty pop which worked nicely.

One year i made a big pretty salad for thanksgiving since celery was on sale and my friends ask me for it now each year!
Basically soft greens (i mix arugala and whatever) + a lot of celery on the mandoline slicer + fennel also on mandoline + chopped celery leaves + dried figs+ toasted pumpkin seeds + fennel fronds. I also add pomegranate seeds for some acid but cherry tomatoes would be great. I do a basic vinegrette and just use a heavy hand with the dijon and black pepper.
The celery and fennel combo is great, very refreshing, and using the leaves and fennel fronds adds another layer of those flavors. You could just add in some lentils or white beans to make it more of a meal.

2 Likes

Oh! And of course waldorf salad!
My mom loves it for lunches and makes a simplified version with chopped apple, celery, chopped toasted walnuts, and then some greek yogurt mixed with a little cider vinegar and honey.
Good stuff.

1 Like

So far, we have made braised celery, that celery cocktail was fantastic, juiced a bunch of stalks for later use, tonight is celery soup.

2 Likes

another great Portlandia bit.

1 Like

Some interesting reading on celery

http://www.kpl.gov/local-history/business/celery.aspx

never knew.

Rooster

2 Likes

I believe.

fascinating, thanks for sharing!

I’ve made the celery, apple, radish and blue cheese and it was great. Easily sized up and I replaced the walnuts with pecans.

https://lovecelery.co.uk/?s=celery+salad

2 Likes

Some ideas:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this link, meatn3. That Celery & Chickpeas recipe looks terrific.

1 Like