CABBAGE! Your favorite recipes?

My homeland. :cowboy_hat_face:
My ex was from Omaha ha ha.

1 Like

I have made pancakes with beetroot puree and other vegs before but have not thought of using cabbage (mainly because it has little taste).

Goggle translate

Where I found it

3 Likes

I haven’t looked through this thread yet, so forgive me if I repeat somebody’s post. But try this- it’s one of my favorites.
Thinly sliced/chopped green cabbage
slightly less thinly sliced/chopped red cabbage
Chopped cilantro to taste
Raspberry vinaigrette, or maybe a blush wine vinaigrette
Mix and enjoy. It’s really good with grilled chicken and seafood, but doesn’t overnight well, FYI

4 Likes

I had "noodles & cheese for lunch last week.
My family comes from what to day is the western part of the Ukraine.

1 Like

I agree with the strong memories of the 1950’s as well, especially on a Friday night visiting my grandmother and all of the wonderful smells in the hallways of the building she lived in.
When I opened the door to her apartment, I would run into the kitchen, and she would ask me if I wanted a taste of something, before diner was served, especially some just made, room temperature chopped liver on a small piece off fresh bread,

4 Likes

I like cabbage but it usually ends up as slaw

3 Likes

In addition to being delicious, cabbage Is also nature’s health food.

3 Likes

@naf, that pithiviers looks delicious. Where did you have it?
By the way, I’m also planning to take up your suggestion of La Rallonge.

Maison in the 11e, a full report is here. You must go!! (Haa for once, I wasn’t so late for posting!)

2 Likes

I love cabbage in so many ways! A favorite is to boil a ham bone, add extra chopped ham, stock, veggies - carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, spices, barley and lots of chopped cabbage at the end. Spices are bay, garlic, paprika (sweet as well as smoked) and a few others. Really delicious and healthy. Love it in fried rice, twice cooked pork, with corned beef and on and on. Slaw too and sauerkraut.

3 Likes

I read about Maison and put it on our list. Now we’ll have to go!

1 Like

Wow.

Impressed.

You answered my question before I asked it. Which was going to be:

what do I do with the rest of the cabbage that was left after I used the outer leaves for stuffing? Make those dumplins.

Pierogi with cabbage filling.

1 Like

Making grautrunzins used to be a regular thing with us - we love them & it’s great to have some in the freezer. They’re good with a brown gravy over them. The recipe came from H’s auntie who was of German descent (and married a Greek).

DH is in the dog house and may never get out, so will from here on refer to him as H only :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::scream_cat:

2 Likes

Once my grandmother made a traditional polish dish - dumplings with cabbage and potatoes, I know how it sounds but it was really delicious!

1 Like

Stuffed mini cabbage florettes with home made from scratch beef conosommé and cauliflower floretes.

4 Likes

Our favorite traditional Romanian dish was Stuffed Cabbage served with Polenta in Brasov closed to the Braun Castle …

6 Likes

Exquisite presentation!
Have a lovely weekend @Barca

1 Like

Thank you Paryzer …

Lovely light format of a classic renovated.

Wonderful weekend wishes.

1 Like