Bread oven

Saw it another day, I think interesting for those who bake a lot of bread at home. One can add water in the reservoir to create steam.

Looks like they are selling in US. I would like this tool to lift bread from the dutch oven.

3 Likes

Interesting… do you not get good results from your oven without such a gadget?

I use cast iron pot, the sliding the load in the tunnel is more practical than tossing the dough in the heated pot. And at times, I need the pot to cook too… LOL!

But $325 for a pizza stone and an aluminum hood?!

My oven has convection and I just use a pizza stone (sometimes with a foil hood).

I wonder if they make roofing tiles that big?

It’s cast iron.

Agreed that it’s over priced, but still like the idea.

Surely it doesn’t need to be. Ceramic or aluminum would work just fine. Plus I wish it had a door in front or an open back for more even cooking (or am I missing something?).

Oh, it has. Saw the video on the site.

Ok… that’s good. But just can’t be a fan for $325! I’m gonna look to see how big of a ceramic roof tile I can find. (c;

1 Like

Santa left this monster.

3 Likes

Lucky guy!

Good thing Santa measured my wall oven because the floor model was tight!

How do you like it?

It’s a Cadillac. I have a large, deep cast iron dutch oven and a clay pot but those make every bread loaf into a round. This monster, I can make any shape.

I like the size, you can make baguettes! How to add steam?

Once the irons heats up for 40-45 minutes, I hit the under lid with water (spray bottle). But I think the high, elongated dome and fantastic seal when the two pieces are in the fit position creates plenty of hot airflow.

Sounds good. Looking forward to your baking!

2 Likes

So cute

I’ve heard a le creuset tajine can work similarly. And I’ve also seen ceramic bakeware for loaves of bread. But I just use an iron Dutch oven, sometimes lined in parchment.

3 Likes

@naf while I love gadgets, I’ve been militant in recent times about not adding single-use things… especially if I can use something else I already have with 80-90% effectiveness.

I was looking at this, the Emile Henry ceramic potato (rebranded now as bread) pot, and a cast iron dutch oven as potential additions, but ended up getting an inexpensive ($20) lidded clear glass casserole instead, and it works like a dream - I’d say 90-95% vs the EH bread pot (which produced the best bread I’ve ever made).

Re bread lifter — I use a spider for this, with a kitchen towel in the other hand :joy:

2 Likes

I can also roast a whole chicken, fish or turkey in this bad boy. Indoors or out. Pretty versatile.

1 Like