Bread bake and sweet treats, what are you making 2021

Looks smooth and creamy! I looked up her recipe after reading your earlier post. This is the kind of cheesecake my relatives made at Easter and special celebrations.

Wow! That looks amazing!

Yum!!

We do own a convection toaster oven. We use that for heating/reheating smaller things.

I made “Elvis Presley’s Favorite Pound Cake” Starts in a cold oven.

With “glaze”!

I don’t make glaze much. Anyone know why some recipes include butter? This one didn’t.

11 Likes

This is the one I baked …

10 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Nice! Never saw one with cream, just brioche with candied fruits, is it a traditional Spanish one? Did you put a fève like in a galette de roi?

1 Like

Thank you very much.

The Roscón de Los Reyes ( The 3 King´s Tart ) is served on January 6th for the Epiphany.

All bars serve a slice with one´s café … It is free.

The tart has 3 tiny wrapped packages inside it … Sort of like “Cracker Jack Toys” …

1 ) is a tiny coin ( play coin )
2) a tiny anmimal statue
3) a tiny bean

The background is: If you get the coin, you shall wear the crown of the Kings !

1 Like

It is traditional to put whipped cream as the tart is prepared with the dough of bread; not cake dough.

You can also purchase one, with or without the whipped cream.

We prefer with the whipped cream. I baked this one.

The French Galette du Rois, is pastry dough and is very different but also delicious …

In France, brioche vs galette is half-half, the dividing line is La Loire (river), north of it, they celebrate with the puff pastry tart with almond cream, like Parisian region, Brittany etc. The south celebrates with the milk bread, like you in Spain.

2 Likes

It looks really beautiful. Thanks I’ll try.

1 Like

(1) Paco Torreblanca, Alicante. (2) French Gallette du Rois - Paris. Very interesting Naf, Thank you for the info.

3 Likes

Too beautiful to cut into! Joking. What a special celebratory dessert.

1 Like

They are both very beautiful …

Thank you and have a lovely evening.

Didn’t feel great last weekend so I decided to make some Lemon tarts with candied lemon slices. I found a recipe online and tried it for the first time. They tasted like gummi lemons. very yummy :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Wow, when I don’t feel well I steam a bowl of rice and call it a day. I can only enjoy baking if I’m up to it. Very nice.

6 Likes

Cherry pie! My absolute favorite. So worth the hours of sitting pitting them on the back porch last summer.

17 Likes

That’s a beauty!

This is a wonderful lattice pie …