Best of Asbury [NJ]

LOL it’s like they literally just randomly picked a bunch of restaurants on the east side of town.

Look whose no. 1 !!!

Not sure where to post this and I also can’t open the link to the APP, but it appears that David Burke is opening a pop-up in the Modine space …

https://www.app.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.app.com%2Fstory%2Fentertainment%2Fdining%2F2020%2F08%2F05%2Fchef-david-burke-asbury-kitchen-pop-up%2F3299432001%2F

You beat me to it, just saw the article

1 Like

Bummer; it’s for subscribers only. But interesting…

Try this one

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Meh…Never been a fan since I got bad shrimp at his ill fated Fromagerie venture and he refused to remove them from the bill

3 Likes

I heard that Springsteen was in Asbury yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

I lost all respect for the guy watching him obviously intoxicated at the bar of the old Fromagerie conducting himself in a manner far below someone of his stature. It’s one thing when the doors are locked and you are off hours, but in front of the general pubic…not so good.

I read your post @NotJrvedivici and thought you were talking about Springsteen instead of David Burke! Lol.

For the record I despise Burke as well.

3 Likes

OMG! I thought the same! Covid-brain.

1 Like

Yes he was, at the wonder bar with Danny clinch

2 Likes

APP ran this photo on their Instagram page:

3 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Restaurant # 311: a quick lunch at Mogo Korean Fusion in Asbury Park. Justin and I shared a chicken taco, tofu taco, and tortilla chips with kimchi pico and cotija cheese. An interesting range of flavors but it worked. Their kimchi, pickled daikon, and pear hot sauce (all self-serve and complimentary) were delicious. I have to be honest that I was a bit underwhelmed by the flavor of both our tacos (the slaw was not saucey enough) and there was no oomph anywhere but it was saved by the sauce. We bought a bottle on our way out. No doubting the freshness of ingredients here. It seemed our chips were fried to order.

5 Likes

Their pork taco is my favorite

2 Likes

DITTO! And I love the lightly-pickled cuke slices on the ‘sides bar’ too - always have a cup of them!

1 Like

Justin and I had another great breakfast at Toast in Asbury Park. I had Bananas Foster French Toast and he had a tofu scramble (and an interesting turmeric latte to drink).

We then grabbed a couple of items from Confections of a Rock Star. Talk about a sugar rush for two people who have been avoiding sweets!

11 Likes

Glad you enjoyed. It all looks and sounds wonderful.

Although I usually go to Cardinal, Asbury Park is a great breakfast town.

3 Likes