Beach Tavern, Monmouth Beach

Not offhand. I’m off beef and pork and limiting carbs so if it falls in one of those categories…

I know they have pizza on the happy hour menu.

I’m going there tomorrow night so will take a photo of happy hour menu or at least will try to remember what’s on it.

1 Like

The bt clam dip is excellent, we had the crab Louie which was ok and my wife had fish and chips which she didn’t think was that great. The fish and chips we’re not part of the happy hour menu

Was the clam dip and crab on the happy hour menu?

Clam dip definitely was

Was it the same “fish and chips” as pictured above when I went? (It was horrible) Actually had an excellent fish and chips at Tuckers in Beach Haven last week, if you find yourself in LBI I recommend it!

Yep

Yeah then don’t sugar coat it, they sucked!!! lol Not only was the fish so greasy (you can see the grease on the plate) but those are NOT CHIPS!!! Halved baby potatoes are in NO WAY CHIPS. That stuff just pisses me off!! Look two years later and I"m getting all heated over it again!! lol :hot_face::rage::triumph:

3 Likes

I think the fish and chips at Beach Tavern are good

My friend and I shared a dozen oysters and the tempura broccoli. The oysters were of low quality. The tempura broccoli was good. Sometimes, I feel invisible at this bar. The bartenders certainly favor their regulars. Ironically, we’d be regulars if we got better service. As promised, here’s the current happy hour menu.

1 Like

Interesting…oysters have gluten?

1 Like

ty for this. been curious about the fabled HAPPY hour but they make no effort to give a list of specials…

The forty north oysters are locally raised/farmed in Barnegat Bay. I enjoyed them the couple times I had them, but I am not the oyster connoisseur by any stretch. I like them all.

I just like the forty north story.

Looking at the 40 north website now it appears they have different varieties of oysters. I’m not sure which ones I have eaten but they don’t have the King Neptune listed that is shown on the menu above.

Wow, it’s gotten a lot weaker than the last time I was there.

I do my own fish and chips sans chips so I can load up on cod.

I use Paula Deen’s, yes her recipe which is stupidly simple but delicious. Instead of house seasoning I use whatever Cajun/Creole seasoning is hanging around, I’m sure Old Bay will work.

I don’t use Old Bay, I know, the horror!

The beer for me is Modelo Especial in a can, the colder the better.

Try this method, you’ll like it and it beats greasy overpriced restaurant fare.

1 Like

I just edited it because I forgot to post the recipe.

1 Like

So I’m bumping this back up. I had half price pasta last night (Monday special.) For 13 bucks this was a pretty decent dish, rigatoni bolognese with some mascarpone. 2 half price carton 077xx and a 21.00 check…not bad. My mistake, I had two Asbury park ipa. They didn’t have carton which is what I normally get.

4 Likes

We were there Tuesday for lunch. I had 2 Long Island Iced Teas and a cheeseburger because I really wanted to be at Barnacle Bill’s, but they aren’t open for lunch on Tuesdays. Or Monday’s. Or Wednesday’s. Or Thursdays. So we went to The Beach Tavern. It was fine. Lots of palm trees.

5 Likes

Are they not open for any weekdays during lunch? This work thing screws up my food schedule.

Barnacle Bill’s only has lunch on weekends to my knowledge.