Baking topics organisation

Hi! I’m new to HO. Is there any interest in making this a monthly thread, as opposed for the entire year?

(also, is the “your” ironic?)

4 Likes

Would that involve a baking theme?

Yes, what people are baking for each month - we had this on CH and it got about 200+ entries per month.

6 Likes

Won’t know until its tried! :+1:

2 Likes

Perhaps start a new thread for March, @sallyt , with a pointer here to the new monthly thread. It’s what I do on the monthly WFD threads.

2 Likes

Yes of course, if we have enough posts!

Perhaps we could finish out March here, and start a new thread for April? Maybe a good melding of new folks and old that way?

@sallyt there are more regular international folks here so just a language thing I think!

6 Likes

thanks! I’ll start a new thread April 1 - it won’t be a joke, I promise!

@LindaWhit - is there a way to tag the posts? Like, can I create a new tag? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi sallyt, welcome and great to have you here. Right now this yearly thread is basically for anyone that has baked cakes or bread to show it here. We don’t have a monthly theme as we don’t have a lot of bakers here. Do you think you can help to bring your friends here? If we have more people participating, we can start creating!

6 Likes

I look forward to learning more about all the new approaches being suggested today over several different threads.
I’m going to refrain from contributing anything new until then. The focus appears to be in welcoming Chowhound newcomers with tried and true preferences.

Til then,
R

7 Likes

hi NAF! I’m working on bringing new people - we have such a vibrant baking community and I hope that they do migrate here. Thanks for welcoming us!

7 Likes

Great to hear this, just go ahead to create the threads under Cooking Discussions > Baking, Sweets. Don’t worry, I’ll add tags etc once the threads are created. Have fun!

2 Likes

Hi Sally! I am arp29 over on Chowhound and I would definitely be interested in posting on the baking threads! Thanks for taking this on!

6 Likes

hi arp! (or Ada?) I posted a link on CH - here’s the March thread-

1 Like

Thanks, I moved the march baking posts over to the new thread. But leave the organizational talk here.

1 Like

I think the tags have to be created prior to using them. Perhaps @naf can chime in? (My go-to HO for help, although there are many others who can help…they’ve been iisted here in previous posts).

You can add tags after the thread is created. Modify the title, you will see the tag fields.

1 Like

Tags are my Waterloo, @naf . :rofl:

2 Likes

Glad you made it here to the Hungry Onion. I’m looking forward to seeing your creations!

1 Like

Where are all the bakers? This thread was altered to welcome in Chowhound members who asked for a monthly baking thread.

If they are anything like me, still eating the last thing they baked before baking again and using all their internet time to try to save all their recipes from chowhound before it’s all gone for good. XD

8 Likes