Bad news in the age of Covid-19

Not sure if this is good news or bad news.

https://www.cbs19.tv/mobile/article/news/education/lessons-learned/lessons-learned-remote-learning-option-ending-for-many-east-texas-students-but-why/501-a3579692-776e-4d09-ab92-4a4e1705536e

Someone from another board posted the below link, which I found interesting, and wanted to share here.

2 Likes

We’ve had jackets on (and off and on and off) for about three weeks. The weather up here in NJ has been all over the place. It went down to 35 degrees at night a week or two ago, and then within a day it was almost 80. Personally, I love the cold and weather sweaters and flannels, so I’m hoping it stays.

:astonished: I can’t imagine this going over very well in Russia of all places.

1 Like

File under: good news, bad news.

1 Like

This is absolutely not true. The vast majority of food handlers are already properly trained. Then they are pressured to ignore the training, and pressured to conform to the behavior around them instead. The solution is simple and easy: first offense equals permanent loss of the owner’s business license and the owner being placed on a country-wide prohibited list. NOBODY doing big business in food is willing to be safe. What they are willing to do is show a training video, and then afterwards make sure employees are coerced into not following the training.

1 Like

Why does this not surprise me.

So the the dilemma will be shot or shot?

1 Like

Recognition in the age of Covid19.

1 Like

Film.

1 Like

Can this be viewed now( December 2020)?

RESTAURANT HUSTLE 2020: ALL ON THE LINE (
DOC NYC
2020) premieres on
Food Network
tomorrow, Sunday, Dec. 27, at 9|8c. #DOCNYC #RestuarantHustle2020

From the Facebook page.

1 Like
2 Likes

Trailer/interview.

Interesting that someone like Guy Fieri, who has long been looked down upon by his peers in the food industry, has somehow come to their rescue with a documentary. Karma Guy. Karma.

3 Likes

He’s smart enough not to let anything deter his mission. To introduce hard working food biz owners to the uneducated public at large.

1 Like

I’m not going to watch anything with Guy Fieri. I have no respect for his cooking. I ate in one of his restaurants (not by choice) a couple of years ago and found it awful, so it isn’t just his cooking, but his menus, consistency, and management.

He’s a leading part of the transition of Food Network from tutorials to game shows. Good for public television where we have returned but not I think good for audiences.

1 Like

You clearly missed the point of this documentary. I find your comment sadly offensive and misguided.

Whatever one can say about Fieri’s shortcomings as a chef and restaurateur (and on-air personality), his work as an advocate for small and/or overlooked restaurants, and the industry in general, is very admirable.

2 Likes

Along with many other partners, yes.