Bad news in the age of Covid-19

I get the point of the documentary. I object to Mr. Fieri on principal just as I object to Jane Fonda on principal. Not one penny of my money will go to him for anything he does no matter how otherwise laudable. I’m sorry you’re offended but that is your decision.

What’s wrong with Jane Fonda?

1 Like

She was promoting the anti-war effort and was photographed on a North Vietnamese AA gun emplacement targeting American aircraft. Many of us who have served our country have not forgiven her.

3 Likes

Yes, I recall that. But I do believe that she has recognized her mistake and has apologized. And I do feel that her actions since that time have been positive.

I myself did not in any way support the US war in Vietnam, But I supported propaganda for North Vietnam even less.

Be careful. This could go downhill fast.

2 Likes

Agreed, not touching this one.

2 Likes

Wonder Woman 1984 is at the local Cinemark. Who wants to see this?

Masks are required of course except when eating or drinking while watching the movie and who doesn’t do this.

Maybe a few stiff smuggled in Jack with coke will help beat back the Covid.

I saw it on HBO Max. I don’t know your taste in movies, but it is objectively pretty bad (although the fight scenes are fun). Nowhere near as good as the first one.

Watching “Restaurant Hustle 2020: All on the Line” on Food Network. It’s 2 hours. Husband says It’s going on and on.

Going on and on? I don’t understand what you mean.

He seemed to have lost interest after an hour and wanted to change the channel, but did not. I thought it ended on a hopeful note, and I assume it was a while ago.

Are there more episodes? I had trouble understanding the link to the Food Network.

Four restaurant owners were interviewed to put a face to the effect the pandemic has/is having on the industry. I don’t believe there are any other episodes as this was a documentary.

"Four restaurant owners were interviewed to put a face to the effect the pandemic has/is having on the industry. "

I thought it did that, and i enjoyed it, and from the viewpoint of Food Network stars. I would also like to see what it’s like for non Food Network faces, but there are other venues.

3 Likes

#1 - I don’t have access to Food Network
#2 - I don’t care much for Marcus Samuelsson. His snooty attitude on Chopped totally turned me off.
#3 - Never even heard of the other three, but I gather they’re all celebrity chefs in their own right.

#4 - There are Dynasties to worry about.

Houston 12/30.

With apologies to my HO friends in the frozen north I just turned the a/c on. I don’t want to I have to avert a total meltdown of the Wifeacita, she’s at the awkward age of overheating.

We’ve got a cold front coming and most people down here will run the heater. Not us unless below freezing which doesn’t happen every year.

Winter is the time we save on the electric bill. They jack up the rates May-October. Do they do the same with fuel oil up north? :mask: :crazy_face:

Fuel oil?
:blush:
We burn wood and electricity up in these parts!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t tell me, no LNG in Oregon?

1 Like

Oh, there’s gas. But you only get the true Oregon backwoods experience burning real American wood 🪵
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! I always thought Oregon was in Canada.

2 Likes

We’ve got palm trees :palm_tree:
just like you guys!

2 Likes