August 2023 Cookbook of the Month - Nominations

I’ll kick this off with a couple nominations.

Probably sounding like a broken record on this one, but I AM FROM HERE, by Vishwesh Bhatt. I’ve cooked a lot from this book now, included 5 dishes for my birthday dinner, and it’s been just what I hoped it would be. Creative, ingredient-focused, Southern food with an Indian twist. Nope, not super simple stuff, but really delicious and perfect for summer produce.

And also, TENDERHEART, by Hetty Lui McKinnon. I’ve been getting quite a bit of mileage out of this one. I think I’ve cooked the whole zucchini section, and made a brilliant eggplant dish. This one easier easier than the Bhatt book, but still offers creative and delicious vegetable dishes (this book is vegetarian; the Bhatt book is not, and has chapters that focus on meat ingredients).

2 Likes

THOMAS KELLER MONTH is a complete sentence.

2 Likes
  • WOKS OF LIFE BLOG
  • SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG
  • THOMAS KELLER MONTH
    (uff with the complete sentence thing)

SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG would work.

TENDERHEART looks right up my alley. I only have one trip in August, and it’s one that will involve cooking!

1 Like

THOMAS KELLER MONTH sounds fun

THOMAS KELLER MONTH
MI COCINA by Rick Martinez
OAXACA by Bricia Lopez
I AM FROM HERE- I love fusion food

TENDERHEART (I’ve heard about the book but resisted looking at it until now, and I’m sold)
CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN (a stretch, I know, but I just flipped through it again on a long road trip and there’s so much I still want to try)

I have CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN and I’ve eaten there on a stopover in Chicago, so I could cook from it.

I’d like to take a crack at CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN

ONCE UPON A CHEF blog and books

Just a reminder that nominations close tomorrow at 5pm EDT.

Nominations are closed. A voting thread will be up shortly.

1 Like

The voting thread is here:

August reporting thread:

September, anyone?

MILK STREET TUESDAY NIGHTS MEDITERRANEAN
and/or
MILK STREET TUESDAY NIGHT

Hi Kateq - you’ll need to click into Caitlin’s post to get to the voting thread, and put your vote there.

thanks!

1 Like

Time to vote for a September choice.