April 2023 Cookbook of the Month - Voting

OK, we finally got some momentum going with the nominations. Still more books than I’d like up for a vote, but there wasn’t really any other way to break it down.

To vote, click on the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of the comment below with the title of the book in it. Please vote with the intention of cooking along if your choice is selected. You may only vote once. If you wish to change your vote, you can either click again on the icon to “unlike” the comment, or, if too much time has passed, you can make a comment that you want to change your vote with your new selection in ALL CAPS.

Please do not reply to the ballot comments. If you wish to discuss the books, which is encouraged, make a reply to this post.

And without further ado, our nominees are, with 4 nominations, POLPO: A VENETIAN COOKBOOK (OF SORTS) and VENICE: FOUR SEASONS OF HOME COOKING, by Russell Norman; and with 3 nominations each, ISRAELI SOUL: EASY, ESSENTIAL, DELICIOUS, by Michael Solomonov; SMITTEN KITCHEN KEEPERS: NEW CLASSICS FOR YOUR FOREVER FILES by Deb Perelman; and CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN, REPAST AND PRESENT: RECIPES AND RAMBLINGS FROM AN AMERICAN BEER HALL, by Paul Kahan.

Voting will close on Friday, March 24, at 5pm EDT.

Don’t forget to check out our current COTM, Shannon Martinez month!

To vote for POLPO and VENICE, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

3 Likes

To vote for ISRAELI SOUL, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

To vote for SMITTEN KITCHEN KEEPERS, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

6 Likes

To vote for CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

2 Likes

Just a reminder, voting closes in 24 hours.

Voting is now closed. Our April COTM will be SMITTEN KITCHEN KEEPERS. I will put up a reporting thread on April 1.

3 Likes

Yippee my library copy is “in transit”

I voted for this book, looking forward to cooking from it but I want to warn everyone that when Deb posted the green pasta recipe on her blog, I just knew I would love it. DID NOT. Lots of commenters on her blog did love it and their children did too! I just thought it was bland and green, much prefer pesto!

1 Like

I was so excited when I heard about this book. But there have been quite a few “meh” reviews on EYB, and my enthusiasm has paled.

1 Like

At least it’s readily available at the library

1 Like

I also did not love it as written. Made a lot of adjustments to fix.

I’ll borrow the book again and see if I can find some inspiration to join in.

1 Like

Not my library - there’s a waitlist.

Here you go, folks, your reporting thread. A day early because I’ll be in a workshop tomorrow: