Anyone know what makes DELI tuna & chicken salad special?

They do sell jars online, and customer service has been great.

If you live somewhere with a Kroger presence they tend to carry Dukeā€™s.

No grocery used to carry it near me. Now they do. In the meantime, I ordered it from Dukeā€™s. Worked out fine. Iā€™m a convert from Hellmanā€™s.

2 Likes

Refined coconut oil should work. Palm oil too.

1 Like

Hmm another possibility. Now I have no clue what grandma used LOL

GLASS is superior. All food and any food should be in glass or steel containers like it used to be. Plastic is toxic. Produce should be delivered in wood boxes too. Bees Waxed cardboard is OK though.

1 Like

Just made Enchiladas yesterday. Second photo is both dishes after baking courtesy of a 1967 GE IN Wall oven original to the house and in perfect working order. Even has built-in Rotisserie, Meat Thermometer, and is self cleaning. However I stopped using the self cleaning feature because that gets to like 800 degrees and destroys the oven temp. sensor prematurely. It also has real glass display with painted-on stenciling with chrome trim. And a 3 panel tempered glass window on the door. All analog dials. Could last 100 years the way they built them. Quality no longer made anywhere no matter how much you pay $$$. Itā€™s a shame how many people junked theirs just because it was ā€œdatedā€. That my friend is wasteful if you ask me.

3 Likes

But did you use mayonnaise or miracle whip in that?

1 Like

why not both?

2 Likes

Here you go . Adds that Zesty Zip. http://www.recipecircus.com/recipes/Roxymom/POULTRY/Chicken_Enchiladas.html

Neither. I made them with my normal scrumptious taco beef filling doctored with chopped jalapenos, 2 cloves of crushed fresh garlic and white sweet onion. Added refried beans too for the filling. Then I used yellow corn tortillas that I first fried in coconut oil for 20 seconds each. A 4-cheese Mexican blend. Green onions fresh from the garden. Of course red enchilada sauce.

2 Likes

I know people here (and elsewhere) really hate on Miracle Whip, but it absolutely has its place in my kitchen and cooking repertoire, if not eating habits.

Is it mayo? No, of course not, and anyone who thinks of Miracle Whip as a mayo substitute or replacement has bigger issues than just not understanding the quiddity of Miracle Whip.

Carry on, sorry for the rant.

3 Likes

But you can make your own (and a much better) version. Just use a good mayo, add some agave syrup, corn starch, and some garlic (freeze dried or fresh).

Thank you sir for answering a question I never asked.

1 Like

Mine come on plants, bushes and vines, but I donā€™t tell others what they should be doing.

11 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan, but I can choke down a tuna sandwich made with miracle whip.

1 Like

No, it certainly isnā€™t for everyone.

But it certainly is not detested by everyone.

There is a time and place for all ingredients in my kitchen.

Even cheese. :rofl:

2 Likes

My grandma used margarine. Not what youā€™re talking about in this post, but I wanted to note that. And she lived to be 95ish.

2 Likes

That is awesome and God Bless her. But my rule is all natural fats made by nature. Not something man made to copy nature. She was an exception to the rule. A while back a heart surgeon came clean and admitted that saturated fats are not the problem with cardiovascular disease, but the contrary - the fake fats or trans fats like margarine, vegetable oils etcā€¦ Makes sense. We came from nature and nature makes our foods that we should be eating at all times.

zing.

2 Likes