Any food related resolutions?

Bumping this up for 2020 food resolutions.

I’m focusing on eating less meat (especially red meat), using less single serving materials and recycling more. I’m also going to try to minimize weekday drinking since it makes me feel sluggish during my morning workouts.

5 Likes

Yes! Like many people, I have to watch my blood sugars; this past month, I have just been watching them rise. My list of transgressions is extensive, so I’ve got to hit the straight and narrow now to ensure my A1C is acceptable. More water too (harder in winter). Also like to do the non drinking plan during the weekdays, except for social occasions.

3 Likes

Instead of taking four hours to put a simple meal together. I am going to do it in three. Lol

3 Likes

I am going to try to keep track of what I order from restaurants.

I’m always watching my intake, and I’ve been trying to include a serving of beans or lentils daily.

Trying to cook more when I’m on my own and eat out less solo.

Also, I’ve been trying to do more cheap ethnic meals under $15, when I do eat out. To be honest, I’m usually not wowed by the fancier continental stuff in Toronto where I live.

And less sugary stuff.

This is a continuous thing for me, but I try to restart on Jan 1.

2 Likes

OMG - right?? Seems the more time I have the slower I am. Maybe the non weekday drinking will help (easier said than done), but damn, I love that wine while cooking. :wine_glass::wine_glass: Besides, it’s helpful for that pesky arthritis pain…

3 Likes

Great aspirations-all!

I know . I do a procedure and sit down for a slurp.

Continue to eat sugar.
Continue to eat meat.
Cook better vegetables dishes.
Continue to drink.
Persist the indulgence with excercises.

Life is short, enjoy when I still can.

5 Likes

Love, love, love it @naf, or shall I say amour? :heart:

1 Like

I’m still doing well on drinking lots of water (from the tap) and volunteering at the food pantry . I’ve now successfully incorporated “smart routes” into my errands–I chart the errands I have to do once or twice weekly to ensure I don’t waste gas.

1 Like

LOL! Cheers!

1 Like

Have you tried CBD? I haven’t but it certainly helped my in-laws dog with her arthritis.

More practice baking/cooking.

I will divulge that I have tried every CBD, CBG, THC, smokeables, as well as edibles, to no avail for pain or anxiety. Different strains of the cannabis and recommendations from the various staff at the pot shops. Sadly, none work and I hate the effects.

However, I do use a topical ointment that includes THC, CBD and CBG’s with the wintergreen, menthol, camphor oils etc, that DOES offer some relief for relatively minor pain, or to use along with an Rx the Dr. prescribed. He does know about all my experimentations with the other stuff. I truly do wish it worked for me. I do welcome all ideas, so thanks for the suggestion. Happy New Year’s!

Trying to be honest than self deceiving. Never stick to NY resolutions anyway!!

No shaming from me. I think it is crazy it isn’t all legal in most of the us still anyway. I’m sorry you are in pain!

Thanks, pain isn’t bad all the time, thankfully. IMO, it will be more widely legal sooner than later. I think NY or Illinois will be next, we’ll see…

1 Like

Does excercises make you better? Sorry for your pain.

Doc told me to stay as active as possible. During a major flare up, I can’t do my fav exercise, which is walking, either outside or on the treadmill at the gym. I can do the bikes at the gym, which I absolutely detest. I like quite a few of the other machines though, as well as the TRX, and push up bar. Can do planks and upper body weights too. So basically, it’s just a little something to cope with. Thanks for your kind thoughts though @naf!

1 Like

Along the same lines, but even more so (and illustrated with adorable purple rats!):

2 Likes