Any food related resolutions?

I’ve been doing Omada for at least two years. Not for everyone, but works for me.

Interesting social networking-cognitive-behavioral bioinformatics idea.

My father ate salted meats . Loved his sugar . Said going out to eat is what’s going to to kill you . A regimen of hiking . Marine . A beautiful vegetable garden .

2 Likes

Thanks @shrinkrap, I’ll have to research it. Truly haven’t heard of it before.

My dad turned 94 last month, and is still going strong. Triple war vet, an ultra survivor, and has an unwaveringly positive attitude. He does eat well, and pretty much what he wants. He is a fairly clean liver though, and probably has one too! :joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

So awesome for you . I always look up to my father as a hero . First marine division. Guadalcanal survivor. Loved his food. Miss him .

1 Like

Good one!

1 Like

Well he liked his Jim beam and coors also . Never forget after my mom passed . He had his heart attack . He was provided 24 hour care at home till the end of his life . We snuck out to the shed to drink whiskey and coors like teenagers. Johnny he said. This tastes so good . A most precious moment . a little emotional thinking back.

2 Likes

Eat:

First quarter, raw oysters and Rockefeller plus blackened
Second quarter, boiled crawfish and etouffee
Third, blue crabs
Fourth, fried fresh fish

I’m a seasonal guy. Eating is good on the SE Texas Gulf Coast.

1 Like

Reminds me of my fav spoonrest @jcostiones

2 Likes

Nice, very nice, envious here.

Eat more ricotta.

I already eat little meat and drink drastically less than I used to so I’m good.

Really enjoyed the cheeses in Sicily where I’ve just returned from. Cheese is in so many things there I love it! I brought back mostly cheese in the checked bag so that’s what I’ll be eating a lot in the coming weeks.

Now, on which planet can we live where we can consume unlimited amounts of cheese (and beer) without health consequences?

3 Likes

I dunno @Presunto, but sign me up for the first pioneer group to go if you find out, :joy_cat:

After the 6th, the Los Reyes Magos or The 3 Wise Men, we have both decided to continue our very limited meat eating.

Nothing really as we do believe: At least from a Spaniard´s viewpoint why make resolutions ?
They are USUALLY short lived promises to one´s self, that usually end up failing.

Actions speak louder than words, so if someone wishes to change something, DO IT ! And stick to it.

2 Likes

Heard a great little anecdote the other night. Our SIL was talking about his relatively recent step-grandmother. By all accounts, she is lovely, gracious and generous of spirit. BUT, if she doesn’t have a scotch in hand by 5 pm, she gets downright cranky! Still enjoying cocktail hour at 95 - I’ll take it!

4 Likes

I think I would TAKE anything I am enjoying at 95! I have two relatives I can think of who made it to 95. Not long ago I was thinking making 65 was saying something . :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, lol @shrinkrap, I was thinking the same thing. I swear I tripped a biological switch when I turned 64. Before then, I pretty much felt good, like I always have, maybe from mid twenties and onward…wasn’t prepared for the sudden change…

1 Like