Another New Cast Iron Company

Also, what’s wrong with a luxury truck? Have you seen the newest iteration of the El Camino?

Can’t say I have yet. I wasn’t able to find it on google image. You are probably correct that there is a niche market for high end cast iron cookware

1 Like

Hey Chem- do a google search for “new el camino pictures”

1 Like

Cool. I actually did google it a few days ago, but I only googled “El Camino” and didn’t see the new model. Interesting.

I acquired one of these 10" skillets gratis from someone moving out of the country (together with some all clads and a nice Creuset dutch oven!). It’s very similar in weight to a 70 year old Griswold I have and they both have a much smoother surface than my Lodges. It’s a nice skillet, but I don’t think I would by one at full price when you can get vintage Griswold, Lodge, etc. with similar proportions and finish for about half the price.

1 Like

Turns out it was a hoax, to my embarrassment.

This picture says it all, as far as I’m concerned. It’s a cast iron pan after a look from a critical eye. I agree with them that stubby handles on heavy pans suck. But “stubby handles suck, let’s do it better” isn’t worth big money to me.

Oh. What kind of a hoax? They claim to make cast iron differently (but not really), or such company does not even exist and it was a just a joke?

I think there was an El Camino hoax, not a cast iron hoax

Sorry, I left out an important part in my reply- it was about the El Camino. I was ready to buy one until I found out it didn’t exist…