Alternative Thanksgiving menus and unusual ideas

The best!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Say hi to your dad for me! Tell him I had to do the same and ended up with 500 pigs in a blanket!

2 Likes

Neither my wife nor I like turkey so its usually seafood. However, this year were going out.

Since we acquired the food stand we paid off the mechanic with a gyro-fest. & were bartering a fund raising spaghetti dinner for adoption fees for a new dog. I love barter.

3 Likes

This is rather an interesting idea, as we like everything special. As well as our relatives. So if you want to make sure that you wonder them, it is the great way to do so.

See below link for our unconventional Thanksgiving meal.

1 Like

Definitely amazing … Saw the fotos … Fabulous crab.

2 Likes

That sounds great! Got a recipe?

Sure. I’ve done this with yellow, white, and red onions. Peel the whole onion, top and bottom cut off. Dig out the insides leaving two solid layers of onion. You can do this with a paring knife but a melon baller makes life easier. Make a bechamel sauce and dump all the internal bits of onions in. Let it heat a bit but not too long - it will really cook later. Salt and pepper. All that goes back into the onion shells. Bread crumbs on top. Baking sheet with parchment paper and into a 350 to 375F oven for about half an hour. You want the bread crumbs to toast and a knife to slip into the onion shell.

2 Likes