All-Encompassing Term for Pancakes, Waffles, and French Toast?

(Just checking that you’re aware you’re reacting to comments posted 5 years ago.)

2 Likes

That’s a custard, not a batter.

Ha, I was not!

Canadian here.

We lean towards overeating, too. As do Britons and most Western Europeans right now. Except for some Europeans (or Americans, or whoever) who smoke a lot or run a lot, or have excellent skills at moderation, will power or good genes.

Our portions can be a very big, but i still have to watch how much I order in the States at low end and mid range restaurants in case I end up with way too much.

On one trip over the border, to Ellicottville NY, I purposely ordered an appetizer and a side salad (which I do at home, too), because I could see the Mains at other tables were too much food for me. Well, turns out the 2 apps were very small. I had to order dessert. So much for that.

Thank goodness, America and Canada have a sharing mains culture and a doggy bag culture.

My friend told me this once, and I often forget to apply it.

When you read something online, or in an email, read it in the most positive possible voice. Try to take the tone out of it.

People speak from their own limited experiences, and sometimes (ok, usually) oversimplify.

(Like the poutine thing. I am Canadian. I think I’ve had poutine 3 times in the past decade. I’ve never ordered a Hawaiian pizza- but I’ll eat a slice if it’s offered).

1 Like

Can I just say that this is the first time I’ve seen anyone outside of my direct family, i.e. my mother and I, put cuke slices on liverwurst sammiches? Is it a Swedish thing?

This is so cool.

VikingKaj’s last post was 4+ years ago, so he might not see your response.

I can possibly live with that.

3 Likes

I believe in you.

It’s a thing.

Like PB & J, but leads to more gout.

2 Likes

And I think Johnny cakes could be added, though usually corn. Bfast corn bread.

2 Likes

Sure could.