6 pounds boneless leg of lamb...what would you do?

I have never attempted tagine. Any instructions to go with that delicious idea?

Really nothing more than a stew

Ok, I will read up. I thought tagine was less chunky and more spiced but I really dont know much about the dish.

Well the tangine is a very specific type of stew but in essence a stew. Plenty of recipes out their for guidance and yes chunky meat and veg is a good thing even in a tangine

(placeholder)

With the video as reference, I typically have all the ingredients on hand including a dutch oven. I do plan to buy a large pc. of lamb again so I will save this for a cooler time of year.

Thanks.

This is the recipe we use, although I think we’ve doctored it a little. I am not a big cinnamon fan so we back that off a little. And I don’t think we always add the saffron.
The cook book Jerusalem has an interesting take on it, as well as several good lamb recipes.
Its nice to have it simmering away on a cold January afternoon…fills the house with lots of good smells!

2 Likes

Yes, this looks very forgiving when it comes to tailoring the spices.

If you’re doing a lamb stew I’d recommend lamb neck bones if you can find them. They are much cheaper than leg of lamb and are perfect (superior really) for braising and stewing. You want the meat on the bones, for one thing- the bones and marrow turn into a swoonworthy broth. Not anything I do in the summer but once the weather cools down, big favorite of ours.

3 Likes

Yes, I am reading about the value cut and rec bone in right now as well as the benefit or slow cooking. not a dish to rush.

I do a vaguely Central Asian prep before grilling:
ground cumin
whole cumin seed
ground coriander
lots of garlic
Urfa pepper
Aleppo pepper
olive oil
water
smoked salt
minced white onion
sumac

2 Likes

I am grilling kebabs with yogurt dressing for dinner. Lambs marinating now. My thxs to all for such generous advice.

3 Likes

Marinating in the yogurt or is that a dip?

I am using this recipe as a guide.

1 Like

The thunderstorm held just long enough for me to follow through on the kebabs, grilled lemon and peaches. Some nice bourbon rocks. The recipe is a winner.

3 Likes