2024 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

Thanks again! Went to the app & the early access info is there :wink:

Cool! I picked up some rose, this and some Wolffer estate who makes a variety of good roses. [Bayshore Blvd., SF]

5 Likes

Bayshore Blvd (Cow Palace), San Francisco location:

5 Likes

Today at the PA store:

IMG_7870

IMG_7869

IMG_7868

IMG_7867

IMG_7864

4 Likes

a rare Mezzetta sauce sighting in Santa Cruz. $5.
curious how spicy this actually is.

5 Likes

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

Prices listed are before any senior or wine sale discount. The Spring Wine Sale lasts through Tuesday, April 2.

Wine -

$3.99/750 ml bottle with screw top - Bonny Doon Vineyard , Vin Gris de Cigare Rose 2021, 13% ABV. Tastes of Granny Smith apple, Bartlett pear, vegetal flavors of dried hay and mushroom, and aged medium cheddar cheese. I’ll get some more to go with fish or pizza.

$6.99/750 ml, 14.8% ABV. Tenet The Pundit Syrah 2020, from Washington’s Columbia Valley. Strong body, tastes of dark berry, baking spices and licorice.

Grocery and Deli -

$1.99/10 oz. plastic tub - Lantana Black Bean Hummus with spicy corn relish and topping.

$1.99/8 fl oz bottle - Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing and Marinade made with Avocado Oil. Good ingredients and I like the thick taste.

$4.99/8.8 oz. - AnnaBella Water Buffalo Mozzarella with Basil and Oregano, milk from grass-fed and free-range water buffalo, certified A2 protein. Chewier and tangier than the usual mozzaarella.

5 Likes
                   Zippo's Pick of the Week

recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet

$6.99/24 oz. tub - Salemville Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles , from Wisconsin, aged 60 days. About $4.65/lb.

from the Gourmet Cheese of the Month Club -

The Salemville Cheese Cooperative is a cheese-making Amish community located in Cambria, Wisconsin. Their cheeses are renowned, nationally and internationally, for their quality, balance and flavor. Amish farmers from this community contribute their milk to each day’s cheese production. The herds range in size from four to twenty-five cows; all are milked twice daily—making for truly happy cows! The Salemville Cooperative is managed, collectively, by an Amish community dedicated to sustainable agriculture. They are equally committed to the quality of their blue cheese, which is best described as beautifully veined, creamy and rich with a deep, almost smoky flavor.

Recent accolades for Salemville Amish Blue include a 1st place win at the 2013 Wisconsin State Fair, a 2nd place showing at the American Cheese Society in 2011, and 2nd place at the 2008 World Cheese Championship.

https://www.cheesemonthclub.com/salemville-amish-blue#:~:text=The%20Salemville%20Cheese%20Cooperative%20is,to%20each%20day’s%20cheese%20production.

Traditional Amish cheese is from pasture raised, hand-milked small-herd cows and transported in 10-gallon milk cans. Notice the horse-and-buggy logo for Salemville as well as the photo of vintage milk cans on the label. The taste is not as sharp as other blues but is creamier.

https://simplycheese.net/Traditional-Amish-Cheese_c_24.html

5 Likes

South SF location. April 2 was the last day of the wine sale.

3 Likes

The wine sale was pretty dismal at South Van Ness. I think some of that might be that the South Van Ness store is (per what I was told by a cashier) currently transitioning to new owners, and either they are so new to things that wine isn’t a priority, or the store is still in an interim period during which it’s being run by GO corporate.

The Jigsaw albariño (California) was blah at best. I also picked up a few other bottles from the Geary store, like the Four Horns cabernet franc, that I’ve yet to open. (The Bolla valpolicella that I picked up in the November wine sale was great for the price - hoping they will get another lot of that in.)

3 Likes

Geary Blvd location (San Francisco):

Gigantic jar of relish !

4 Likes

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

The video is 73-seconds long. There is background music with the video, in the event that you need to mute it.
The 1.8 lb of brie is $6.99
A box of organic seaweed was 97 cents and contained 12 cartons of .14 oz of seaweed each. Today was the Best By date.
The Sabra hummus was 6 oz. tub for 97 cents.

4 Likes

speck $3.99

I’ve been trying to eat a few more vegetables, both Yaya’s Garden and Strong Roots have decent frozen offerings, $3 and $2.50 respectively. I just enjoyed this moussaka for lunch. The root veg pictured are a little blah but a sprinkle of cheese helps that, they also have a beans with tomato & greens that’s really good as-is.

8 Likes

The sundried tomato spread is delicioius. From the RWC store.

4 Likes

Visitacion Valley / Bayshore Blvd (San Francisco) location:

8 Likes

The progresso spicy tomato I tried was mucho spicy. Not sure if it was supposed to be or that’s why it was at GO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They had that Lewis Road Creamery butter at the East Hayward GO recently. IMO, it’s almost as good as Kerrygold, the butter of choice in our house.

1 Like

I really like this gouda:

Cheap Alaskan sockeye:

Has anyone tried Armenian sweet bread? What’s it like?

3 Likes

I enjoyed both the gouda and the camembert from Sweet Grass, don’t think I saw the Griffin but will look for it next time.

Also got a few of the pizzas. I usually don’t go for the meat combo because it can be overload but Newman’s had a reasonable amount of toppings for the thin crust.

3 Likes

App only wine sale - get the app!

4 Likes

Grocery Outlet is going digital. Was in the Alameda store and got a handout, 40% off your first delivery order using DoorDash. I think you order through the GO app.

3 Likes