2024 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

link to last year’s 2023 Grocery Outlet thread -

2 Likes

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet, prices listed are before any 10% discount for seniors 55 and older on Tuesday mornings -

Zippo's Pick of the Week  

$4.99/ Net wt. 20 oz. , net drained wt. 14 oz., 2 slices in brine - MEVGAL Greek Feta Sheep Milk Cheese, protected destination of origin (PDO), firm with a hint of chestnut, winner of a 2020 Brussels International Taste Award, “Sheep milk is collected from animals grazing freely in the pastures of Central and Northern Greece.” Produced by Mevgal of Thessaloniki, Greece. Note: The Best Before Date is Jan. 12, 2024 so it might be heavily discounted in the next few days before that date.

Deli -

$12.99/2.2 lbs. (1 kg.) - Muhlenhof Meseta 100% sheep’s milk cheese imported from Spain, best before Feb. 24,2024.

" What is Meseta cheese?

With roots that can be traced to the La Mancha region in the heart of Spain, Meseta cheese has been carefully and lovingly crafted from the milk of Merino sheep for centuries. This Spanish cheese is traditionally aged in woven grass baskets, which gives the inedible golden rind its distinctive herringbone pattern."

Wine -

$5.99/750 ml - Shale Oak Grenache Blanc, Paso Robles 2017, 11.5% ABV, from Shale Oak Winery of Paso Robles. Tastes of Bartlett pear, green apple, stone fruit, vanilla, and clove with a mineral or aspirin tartness, short on the tannins. Bought 2 and will get more. It goes well with the feta.

$5.99/750ml bottle - Parvaneh Vineyards Petite Sirah 2018 Paso robles, 14.9% ABV. From the back label, smoky fruit flavors, blackberry brambles, blueberry jam, black tea, Madagascar vanilla, notes of dark chocolate, pungent clove, freshly cracked peppercorns.

Grocery -

$2.99/1.69 oz. bottle with a plastic grinder - McCormick White Pepper from Malaysia.

Freezer -

$4.99/24 oz. - Northwest Select Frozen Organic Blueberries from the Pacific Northwest.

3 Likes

from SF Gate -

Legendary roadside restaurant Pea Soup Andersen’s has closed out of nowhere

On the eve of its 100-year anniversary, a Central Coast icon is no more

https://www.sfgate.com/centralcoast/article/pea-soup-andersen-buellton-closed-18600570.php

1 Like

oops, I should have put Andersen’s story in the 2024 Food News thread, not Grocery Outlet.

2 Likes

Cheap steaks for the cheapskates return. I got five :smile:. From the PA store:

IMG_6793

$2.99 lunch meats:

IMG_6796

IMG_6794

IMG_6789

IMG_6797

I normally don’t get precooked seafood. But maybe I will make some seafood pasta for $2.49 and see how they are.

IMG_6792

IMG_6791

3 Likes

Cowgirl Creamery Mt Tam $6.99 in Burien today. What a special treat. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Wow. What a deal.

2 Likes

speaking of cheese finds, saw the Ferrarini Italian provalone show up at the cheese island in Santa Cruz again. i definite cut above the usual domestics. give it a try.

$2.50

3 Likes

President ‘le blue’ $1.99, pretty nice, more creamy than crumbly.

I’m intrigued by the label being in both English and Cyrillic, I don’t see that often. Can anyone identify the language - Russian or something else? Part of the fun of GO is wondering how things got there.

3 Likes

I used Google to confirm that at least the last word “сыр” is Russian for “cheese”.

1 Like

South San Francisco location:

7 Likes

The Spring 2024 20% Off Wine Sale is reportedly scheduled for March but I haven’t confirmed a date yet.

Also it appears that the Oakland Grocery Outlet has expanded its Tuesday Senior 55 years and over 10% discount on everything from just mornings (8am - 12 pm on Tuesday) to all day but this also needs confirmation.

For the Wine Sale Days that fall on a Tuesday, for seniors both discounts will be applied but sequentially for a total price cut of 28% (just do the math).

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Bayshore Blvd. SF (Visitacion Valley)

7 Likes

Was really tempted by the 1kg pack of sliced Spanish sheep cheese for $9, but that would result in me eating a kg of Spanish sheep cheese, so I passed. Great price though.

Bayshore Blvd (Vis Valley), San Francisco location:

Wanted to get the Heir Apparent Pinot Noir mentioned here last week. Saw the shelf label but no bottles left.

4 Likes

I grabbed two.
I really like Pedroncelli’s wines, I visited the winery a few times years ago. They make a nice Zin.

1 Like

South Van Ness location (San Francisco):

8 Likes

Richmond GO. I’ve been tempted to buy this masa online, but now I don’t have to. The brand is Masienda.

6 Likes

Geary Blvd location (San Francisco):

The SKU number of the Buitoni tortelloni matched the shelf label, although the description differed.

6 Likes