2023 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

Marina GO (Monterey Bay)

• La Touranglle oils: toasted sesame $9.99, roasted hazelnut and roasted almond $8.99, also sunflower and spray oils in cans and coconut oil in glass jars. Sesame and hazelnut expire June 2024. If anyone has insight on how many years old this might be I’d appreciate it.
  • King Arthur flours, gluten free brownie and cookie mixes
  • Kewpie chuka dressing spicy sesame oil 8oz .50. We’re big fans of the deep roasted sesame dressing at Costco so tried this. It’s delicious. A soy vinaigrette with strong hot spice–maybe chile and wasabi. Kids can’t get enough of it on lettuce and cucumbers. I need to figure out what that spice is so I can make it.
  • Strauss Strawberry and Snickerdoodle ice cream pints $2.99
  • British Organic Dairy Co organic grass fed extra mature cheddar 7oz $4.49 soft texture, strong and slightly sweet–tasty
  • Spectrum canola mayo $1.99
  • Hellmanns squeeze mayo 25oz each, pack of 3 $7.99 (couldn’t see the expiration date)
4 Likes

Found the answer to my question: unopened can of oil shelf life is 24 months, which makes the oils 11 months old

1 Like

Santa Cruz, GO

Nice to see the ‘00’ back in stock. it’s not very common.

King Arthur, ‘00’ Flour. $3

3 Likes

Our GO (Lake Forest, OC, CA) has had these Villa Veneto biscotti bits and pieces ($2.99) for maybe a month now. We’ve bought them twice and are going back for more today, hopefully before they’re gone. Some packages are a mix of smaller pieces, ends and larger slices, but the package is clear so you can get picky if you want to. Taste and quality are very good. Even my wife, who just came home from a trip to Italy, thinks they’re good.

2 Likes

SF-Bayshore Blvd.
Those whole tomatoes are best by May 30, 2023, but I’m comfortable eating them for the next few years.

8 Likes

Milton, WA today. It’s a new store within the past year. It’s not huge, but has a decent selection. The wine section is small, but has an excellent variety of wines. The cheese island had a lot in my price range. It looks like Muir Glen decided to make some sauces from their endless fields of organic tomatoes. I’m looking forward to these, but still would rather have the diced organic tomatoes back (alas they are not). They had the sprouted grain veggie bread that I like, so happy to have that back in my freezer. No unfortified organic sourdough without oil at this store. I was glad to pick up a few more of the clam chowder and also the sustainably caught tuna. The Day to Day French Roast was the risky pick of the day, but we fired one up when we got home and it’s actually really good. The $4.99 tempranillo was a good pop 'n pour (and went well with the coffee). I liked the Clovis tarragon mustard from last time, so am looking forward to trying the herbes de Provence.

5 Likes

The Muir Glen sauces were in about five different varieties, including Portabella mushroom. My phone camera hates me today or you could all be amazed at their beauty.

3 Likes

The East Hayward GO also has the Straus Snickerdoodle. I should go tomorrow and see if they still have.

2 Likes

Yeah the SF stores have had an ice cream dry spell for a while so it was nice to see some good stuff come in. I usually pick up Amy’s Organic frozen pizza to have in the freezer but they’ve got up to $9 now which doesn’t seem like much of a bargain anymore. Egg prices are down though.

Quick stop at Sunset Renton, WA tonight. Frederik’s Sunrise Brew coffee pods 12/$1.99, Quaker organic steel cut oats $1.99 (same as the ones in my last post), Valentina hot sauce 34 oz $2.49 (yay, it’s back).

1 Like

Those tomatoes are mind boggling!

Santa Cruz, GO

Mason Dixie Biscuits, $2.50
These are some of the better frozen biscuits i’ve found

3 Likes

Not found in Burien: No hummus today?!?! Usually there is soo much hummus :slight_smile:

Found: Frozen shrimp & rice bowls, 2 for $5. This was good, they also had a shrimp & mushroom risotto & a mediterranean version. A nice light lunch kinda thing. Shrimp are raw, microwave to your liking.

Monterey Cheese aged gouda $6.99/lb

Epic Pork Rinds Salt & Pepper 2.5 oz bag $0.97

1 Like

Yeah my G.O in SF was hummus free today too and they’re usually swimming in it.

2 Likes

Only two things worth noting from Renton WA. Red Storm - Vintage Red Leicester from Snowdonia Cheese Company, completely wrapped in wax, for $3.49, I grabbed the two they had. And they had a lot of the Safe Catch ahi tuna 3 oz pouches for $1.49. They expire next month, but I’m a daredevil. This store had hummus, but I make my own so none landed in my cart.

2 Likes

After at least 3 years or so, they finally got Wild Planet sardines in again. I believe these were 99 cents a can the last time they had them, and when I saw them on the shelves I was about to buy 50 cans, but then I noticed they are now selling them for $1.99 instead.

Hoping these sell slowly enough that they drop the price at some point. These are one of the best tasting tinned sardines I’ve had outside of the top brands in Spain and Portugal.

4 Likes

I really like that wild morel and leek cheese. Wish I had picked up another.

Recently at Oakland GO

$1.99/16 oz jar - Saverne Organic Artisanal Sauerkraut, softer and not crunchy like others. In the Nosh Organic section, choose between Draft Beer flavor or Dill & Garlic. Made by GLK in Appleton,WI
from large cabbages up to 20 lbs. each. After eating one jar I went back for two more; I’ve been probioticized.

https://saverneproducts.com/flavors/

https://images.app.goo.gl/7U1Ee8ai7MhLnyuh7

4 Likes

Recently at Oakland GO -

$4.99/17.6 oz bottle - Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce Hot

"

It comes from Mozambique

“Nando’s originated in South Africa, but we grow our PERi-PERi throughout Southern Africa—especially in Mozambique. Responsibility is core to our business, so we choose to empower more than 1,400 farmers by growing our own PERi-PERi across nearly 500 acres in the region. PERi-PERi is an important part of Mozambique’s history, as the sauce reflects the blend of cultures present in the country for centuries. PERi-PERi chicken eventually made its way across the border to South Africa, but it all started in Mozambique.”

$1.99/6.7 oz jar Polli 1872 Garlic and Chili Pepper Pesto, made in Italy.

The deli had several vegan dips for $1.27 a tub and varieties of Athenos Hummus but not at super bargain prices.

4 Likes

Nando’s is great! They have the best ads (in South Africa, anyway), and their chicken is really good to boot. While the chain has made huge inroads in the UK, the only area where they have brick-and-mortar restaurants in the US are Baltimore/DC and Chicago. Port of Peri-Peri is close, but isn’t Nando’s.

1 Like