2022 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

Yes, though the ones I got at the actual Levain Bakery were underbaked to the point of almost being raw in the center.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s helpful. Not a fan of soft bake cookies, so I’ll pass. Saved a few $$ and disappointment!

Well, since you’re baking them at home, you could bake them for longer or divide up the dough balls so they’re not as big.

Marina (Monterey, CA):
5 doz large eggs $7.99
1 doz large organic eggs $4.99
Grassland salted butter 1 lb $3.99 (haven’t tried this before and don’t see the fat percentage, their website says they have this + a euro style so looks like I got the lower fat one)
Breakstone cottage cheese 16 oz $1.99
Cabot seriously sharp cheddar 2lb brick $6.99
Tillamook 2012 reserve extra sharp cheddar 1lb $7.99
white peaches .99/lb
2 lb strawberries $3.49

Sadly none of the Rogue blue cheese mentioned upthread. I continue watching for the Crystal 40% heavy cream–hope it’s not an inflation casualty.

1 Like

Hi Benne. You found the Tillamook 2012 Extra Sharp White Cheddar which is terrific. The full retail on it is $35 for 18 oz., $20 for 8 oz. Aged for 10 years, it has a nutty flavor with hints of fruit laced with cheese crystals due to aging. . I saw it over a week ago at Oakland GO and, after tasting it, went back for more but it was gone.

Thanks Zippo1. I’m glad you got some. One of my GO conversion moments was finding a big loaf, maybe 10 lbs, of Tillamook black label extra sharp. We ate it through winter with apples. Good memories.
Melanie Wong used to write about trying things in the parking lot then going in for more if she liked it. Maybe not convenient for you as you don’t drive. I should carry a knife and napkin in the car!

1 Like

Deals @ the South Van Ness Ave (San Francisco) location.

5 Likes

San Francisco, Visitacion Valley store

4 Likes

Seen at the Geary Blvd GO, too, in pretty decent quantity.

1 Like

One of the better trips lately:

6 Likes

The Etude Rosé is seriously good wine from a very good winery. I’ve bought it twice here but it’s not been available lately.

1 Like

Just spotted Squid brand fish sauce in J. Kenji Lopez-Alt’s Chinese scrambled egg with tomato video (at 1:12)

2 Likes

Santa Cruz GO

Good Culture Double Cream Cottage Cheese, 2.50

This has been my go-to brand for the last few years.

2 Likes

The East Hayward GO has several varieties of the “cocktail” salami from Brooklyn Cured: https://www.brooklyncured.com/salami. I got the one made with lemon zest and Belgian ale. And they do have the Tillamook 2012 cheddar, but only in huge wedges.

2 Likes

It may have come up here but I’m not finding it, so……

GO must have done a major buy from the now defunct Rockwall winery in Alameda. I’d been seeing tips on this in the past week, so I stopped by Lake Forest today. They had 8-10 different Rockwall wines in stock, almost all at $12.99. This is a major deal! One comp was an original winery retail of $55.

Rockwall was owned by Shaunna Rosenblum (daughter of Kent Rosenblum, CA zinfandel expert) and she has now moved on as winemaker at Ridge Vineyards, if you need a reference to her bonafides.

4 Likes

Interesting she is now working at Ridge. What style are Rockwall’s wines? Rosenblum had a really ripe, high alcohol style that wasn’t my favorite, whereas Ridge is much more elegant, structured and less extracted.

1 Like

The lamb chopper just made an appearance at the Santa cruz GO. I’ve never seen it prepackaged before. I’ve been getting this at my local cheese shop for years.

‘Lamb Chopper has a buttery color, smooth texture, and is mild on the palate; this is a nutty, subtly sweet cheese that’s semi-firm and meltable, thanks to the higher fat in sheep milk. Aged three months’

Best of Class, World Championship Cheese Contest 2022

3 Likes

I haven’t had many, and not for a while. She specialized in Rhône varietals. I’d think, though, that if you didn’t enjoy Rosenblum, you might now enjoy Rockwall.

Just picked up 2 cabs so will see! Thanks.

Hope you enjoy. The two I got were a 16.1% Syrah and a 13% Chenin Blanc/Viognier blend, so………