2022 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

New Grocery Outlet thread for 2022.

1 Like

Bayshore Blvd, SF
I’m a fan of the BBQ Sauce, nicely tangy.

3 Likes

San Francisco, Bayshore Blvd.
I know they produce oceans of that Villa Maria but I like the grassy NZ sauv Blanc and they’re well made and good price.
The Fire & Smoke BBQ Sauce is good, no high fructose corn syrup etc.

Chocolate con canela ice cream from Helados La Neta at the East Hayward GO. I love the chocolate-cinnamon combo. If they still have the Horchata flavor, I may pick up a pint when I swing by tomorrow. They also had Straus’ Maple Cream ice cream a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Do you ever see things at GO that make you wonder what they were thinking & not at all surprised it didn’t sell elsewhere?

Take this brand of Belgian chocolates I found this morning …

7 Likes

Did you get/try the mustard bbq sauce?

I bought the mustard and the classic but haven’t tried the mustard yet. The classic seems sort of Kansas City style.

1 Like

Good price on the Roth Pinot Gris. Their winemaker also made the wines for Prime Winery, which recently shut down. I was a member of Prime’s wine club, great Cabs and Cab blends.

recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

Zippo's Pick Of The Week

$2.99/4 oz. - Carr Valley Mobay Cheese, from Carr Valley of La Valle WI, established 1883.

from Carr Valley:

…
…whimsically delicious take on the famous French cheese, Morbier. Our version features a layer of sheep milk cheese and a layer of goat milk cheese separated by a layer of grape vine ash and pressed together. The flavor is both delicate and rustic. Taste each layer separately and then together for three different flavor profiles in one great cheese!

Note: The Mobay is located on a cheese island near the deli section on the east wall of the store. The island is surrounded by a moat with a drawbridge and a guard. The secret phrase to get access past the guard is “grape vine ash.”
…

5 Likes

I passed this up at our local grocery outlet but now I’m going to pick some up! I love messing with the GO guards. :wink:

1 Like

The Grocery Outlet 2022 Spring Wine Sale (Semi-Annual) 20% Off All Wine starts on -

Wednesday, April 6, 2022 and lasts for a week. I believe that it runs through the following Tuesday, April 12.

Usually, a few days before the sale starts some wines are placed in open boxes in various aisles throughout the store and that would give you a chance to buy a few interesting bottles to try before deciding on a large purchase when the sale begins.

Grossoutwine is the board that I follow for news on GO wines -

1 Like

At the South San Francisco location:

2 Likes

Last week, I caught my local GO selling canned shrimp with “best before” dates ranging from February to April 2021. I pointed it out to a worker and I saw him beginning to clear the cans off the shelf, but I hope it stays like that and that they don’t try to put the cans back out again.

1 Like

How big is the cheese section in other GO stores? Mine don’t get new and interesting cheese often. Once we have a new one, they hang around for a couple of months. I usually spend 10 seconds scanning the cheeses for newcomers before moving on.

1 Like

The one on South Van Ness in the Mission in SF has a separate kiosk for the fancy cheeses, so it makes it easier to hunt for them. The one on Bayshore Blvd. (Visitacion Valley) gets some good cheese sometimes but they mix them in with all the rest. Silver Avenue and the Other Bayshore Blvd generally don’t have much worth seeking out in the cheese department.

2 Likes

Oakland and the SF Geary store at 28th Avenue have cheese islands. The Richmond store in the East Bay at San Pablo Ave and MacDonald has a very large cheese deli section. The Oakland and East Bay Richmond stores have a selection of cheeses also in their deli wall that is about 8 feet wide.

With cheeses, you just have to read the small print on small packages to pick up sheep’s or goat’s milk cheese or milk used from pasture-raised cows or organics . Sometimes there is award-winning blue cheese from Oregon (Rogue) , real halloumi, Bulgarian white (feta) from sheep’s milk, grass-fed from New Zealand, Joseph Farm organic- it’s usually there but you just have to dig.

They have great prices on the Miyoko’s vegan cheese which I like. The President fetas are a real bargain.

3 Likes

My GO (East Hayward) is hit or miss with the cheese, and the good ones hang around for a couple of months like at your store.

Interesting to me because our Medford location changed hands last year and the offerings (not just cheese) have become much more pedestrian.
Not sure why but this sounds like a piece of the puzzle.

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

CHEESUCOPIA

$4.99/6.5 oz - Miyoko’s Winter Truffle French Style Cashew Milk Cheese with organic white truffle I haven’t tried the Miyoko White Truffle yet but I expect it will be a leading candidate for ZIPPO’S PICK of THE WEEK.

$2.99/6.5 oz -Miyoko’s Double Cream Classic Chive Cashew Milk Cheese,

$3.49/7 oz - Old Croc Classic Cheddar from Australia, made with milk from grass-fed cows

$2.99/8 oz - Miyoko’s Organic Cashew Milk Cream Cheese

$3.49/5.29 oz - Clawson Reserve Blue Stilton Cheese from Leicestershire UK.

$3.99/7 oz - Celtic Gold Extra Sharp One Year Old Cheddar Cheese imported from Ireland, made with milk from grass-fed cows

$4.99/net wt 4 oz/ Chevoo Goat Cheese in Olive Oil with Fennel Pollen Orange, and Lavender Cultures, from Healdsburg CA

$2.99/16 oz - Miyoko’s Liquid Vegan Pizza Mozzarella. It melts, bubbles and browns.

$1.99/12 oz - Price’s Pimiento Cheese Spread with peppers and real cheddar

99 cents/3.5 oz - Presidents Sheep Milk Cheese Cubes in olive oil, with natural herbes de Provence flavors, product of France.

$1.99/4.5 oz/ 6 sticks - Miyoko’s Cheddar Sticks made with plant milk

$2.99 /4 oz - Celebrity Goat Milk Cheese with Spiced Sweet Potato, product of Canada

$3.49/5 oz - Carr Valley Glacier Point Gorgonzola Blue Cheese, aged over 4 months, from Wisconsin.

1 Like

Can you take a picture next time of what a good cheese section at GO looks like? just want to have a reference point. Thanks.

1 Like