2022 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, etc., etc.]

My wife loves Fly by Jing sauces. The Richmond (El Cerrito) store had the Zhong sauce. The San Pablo store has their spicy chili crisp. Got a half dozen of each. It really is half off the retail price and cheaper than anywhere else I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

Note: The Fall 2022 20% Off Wine Sale is reportedly set to begin Wednesday, November 2nd but I have not yet verified this date. Usually the sale runs at all stores for 1 week which would mean that it runs from Nov. 2 through Tuesday, November 8. The morning of Tuesday, November 8 is also the 10% Senior discount day at Oakland GO from 8 am - 12 pm for those age 55 and older. The wine and senior discounts are applied resulting in a 28% discount on the wines - a double magical event which only occurs on 2 days of the year at Oakland. Some other stores may also have senior discounts on different days.

Zippo's Pick of the Week  

$1.99/ 12.5 ounce jar - Kuhne Gin Cornichons, gherkins in a 2% gin solution with mustard seed and coriander, product of Germany. I wonder if these would work in a martini.

https://www.kuehne-international.com/gherkins/gin-cornichons

$2.99/10.6 ounces/12 slices - Castello Burger Blue Cheese, sliced for melting and burgers, product of Denmark. This works out to about $4.50/lb. for Danish blue cheese - I’ll take it. Make su.re you get this larger package since I also saw a smaller 6 oz. for $2.49.

$1.99/7 ounce plastic tub - Buitoni Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, in the deli section. Chewy from the sun-dried tomato and a change of pace from basil pesto.

3 Likes

South van ness still has Fly by Jing Zhong sauce. Also, two types of broad bean snacks

4 Likes

Santa Cruz GO

Rusack, 2017 Syrah, Santa Barbara, Ballard Canyon. $9

WE: 93. I picked up a case. Drinks very well right now.

2 Likes

I tried the Rusack 2017 Syrah Santa Barbara and liked it too. Tasted of unsweetened cocoa, tart strawberry, salted plum with some vegetal flavors like green bell pepper and cactus. Medium body and slight tingle on the tannins that lilngered. BargainWhine at grossoutwine on Sept 22 noted that he liked it. I think that it was $7.99 at Oakland. I’ll buy more if I see it again.

1 Like

San Jose GO yesterday had King Arthur bread flour for $3.99. Also had their organic flour. The bread flour had a Best By date of November 19, 2022 but I figured would be fine for Thanksgiving baking. Have tried the XO baking gluten free blondie mix for our GF friends who loved it. Several different XO baking GF mixes in stock.

Also Laura Chenel chèvre for (I think) $3.99.

5 Likes

Got three flavors of pint Straus icecream yesterday at the PA GO. caramel toffee, cookie and cream, snickerdoodle at $2.99

Carlsberg Elephant pilsner x6 at $2.99

Hu chocolate at $2.99/bar- salty, gingerbread, simple dark, pumpkin spice, simple milk

3 Likes

Recently at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

I have confirmed that the 20% Off Fall Wine Sale begins on Wednesday, November 2 and continues for 1 week through Tuesday, November 8.

They are starting to put boxes of available wines in the aisles in order for buyers to sample bottles before taking the plunge at the sale. Also, the last day of the sale, Nov. 8, is the senior discount morning at Oakland Grocery Outlet which is added to the wine discount. It’s like a double eclipse and this double dip only happens on two days of the year.

Zippo's Pick of the Week

$9.99/lb - Carr Valley Ba Ba Blue Sheep’s Milk Aged Blue Cheese from Wisconsin. It comes in wedges without rind of about 5 ounces at around $3 each. On the Carr Valley website, this cheese is priced at $6.99/5 oz. or about $22/lb. Aged for 4 months, it has cheese crystals, is semi-soft, has a very “blue” taste" with vegetal notes reminiscent of unsweetened pumpkin. This is a great, award-winning cheese and I will buy more.

$7.99/25.4 oz. - Spectrum Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Very high ratings online, made with Arbequina olives from an organic family farm in Portugal, mild flavor.

5 Likes

Not a bad deal for Carlsberg. I grabbed a 6 of the Worthy NW IPA for $4.99 at Geary - fine for what it is, a standard west coast style IPA. South Van Ness had the Bitburger zero-alcohol beer for $2.99/6 a few weeks ago, but it was awful.

2 Likes

Marina (Monterey Bay):
Marin Sun Farms grass fed beef strip steaks 12oz/ $6.99 and ground beef 16oz/$4.99
Spectrum organic extra virgin olive oil 25oz/$7.99 (photo in zippo1’s post above)

That’s it this time. We don’t eat much processed food so there might have been some treasures I missed. Was hoping to stock up on grass fed/organic butter for the holidays–guess I’ll be going to Costco for kerrygold

2 Likes

Some previews from BargainWhine of wines available at some stores for the Fall 2022 20% Off Wine Sale Nov 2 thru Nov 8

4 Likes

I don’t think I’d seen this before, $9.99 for a 30 oz bag. Very lime-y, does not disappoint

4 Likes

South San Francisco location- first day of the wine sale.

8 Likes

One of the advantages of the East Hayward GO is that, catering to the surrounding population, it’s a good fill-in when I need Mexican food items and don’t feel like making a separate stop at the Mexican grocery. I was able to get fresh poblanos (labeled as pasillas, which I think is a regional term) and crema, and I had my pick of tortilla brands. A few weeks ago, they had a display of those addictive “Japanese peanut” packs, 2/$1.00.

3 Likes

Bayshore Blvd (San Francisco) location:

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

San Francisco - Mission

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Tillamook cream cheese spread before anywhere.

3 Likes

Found these at my regular store.
I need to start paying closer attention.

2 Likes

So they really are $4.99 originally - sometimes G.O. picks the highest possible price you can find as the as the “elsewhere” price.

1 Like