Zhang's Grille has bitten the dust [NJ]

Not for nothing but the one time I did do they didn’t have it.

I think Friday and Saturday they have them. I’ve called twice and they had them but I never got there. It would help if I knew Portuguese

It would help if everybody knew Portuguese. :wink:

2 Likes

Drove by Peters a tad after 8. There was about a 13 to 14 cars out front

1 Like

A few days ago, I saw the person from Peter’s who I spoke to (head chef/GM) advertising cooking lessons on one of the town Facebook pages. Sure enough, I drive past Peter’s tonight at around 5:30 and there are no lights on and no cars in parking lot. Have they too bitten the dust?

3 Likes

I’m am guessing they went under.

2 Likes

That’s most likely two spots that owner shat out in this location. Anyone thinking they’ll go for number three? Maybe a joint effort with the Pride of the sea guy?

1 Like

For the hell of it, I gave them a call at 6 tonight. No answer.

Bad location can only be blamed so much. Ownership never learned after the Zhang’s fiasco, and their photos/PR, my God, that did them in.

I won’t even blog about the closing. Don’t want to be accused of “pouring it on”.

1 Like

I Places like this piss me off so much. There are people working there who depend on The spot for their livelihood and we all knew before it launched it was dead man walking. Meanwhile some legit spots died too where people actually gave a shit.
The only positive would be that this farce brought Greg into our orbit here in the HO. So maybe it was worth it after all. I look forward to the next Italian spot they go with. Will try that right after I get to the upscale Mexican spot the Catch owners launch and the Cuban spot right on the corner there too.
And just to show how serious they took this effort, I just noticed on Yelp they never even bothered to claim The listing on the site for themselves; of course I don’t even see aN actual webpage for themselves either

3 Likes

Yes, it did bring me here, which has been fun!

Aside from that, you’re right. Its frustrating to see such a lack of care. You’re also right that they had no website. Their social media effort was amateurish at best. The food in their pictures reflected the careless, uninspired nature that I believe they have operated with since Zhang’s.

I’ve said this in regards to many different restaurants, but it is hard to believe that in this day and age, people still run a business this way (i.e. lack of website, no social media presence, etc).

2 Likes

So where was he advertising his classes? I would love to be a fly on the wall for that class.

2 Likes

I may or may not have just spent 15 min trying to find said ad.

Personal classes in the home, I believe. Put it in the local Facebook groups.

1 Like

I forgot his name. It doesn’t mention the restaurant (obviously).

1 Like

Found it:

1 Like

Yesterday there was a handwritten sign saying that they were closed for renovations.

1 Like

Renovations? LMAO!

This place is a gift.

20 bucks says they are closed for good. I’ll give you 3 to one odds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it said “Renovations”… :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Capture

Just throwing this up there…

4 Likes