Zhang's Grille has bitten the dust [NJ]

That’s why I post my blog links and sit back and let them decimate each other.

You gotta go back and find the Pride of the Sea posts for a real hoot!

1 Like

They are insane. Everyone needs a hobby on that page. It is wild.

1 Like

Wow… just read through this one as we got coupons too. I went to the original Zhengs about a month ago just to see. Passable, and a bizarre menu, but the interesting thing was even then they said they were rebranding. So I might have to take one for the team. Love seafood and steak so I will be very picky…

And as far as steak goes, if you pick your own at TRH, you can get a very high quality one cut to your specifications right then and there… Not the Palm or Morton’s or Kean’s or Peter Luger’s but IMHO more bang for your buck too.

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhh don’t let the secret out Ed!!! lol I couldn’t agree more, of the mid-range family friendly steakhouses this ranks near the top for me. Welcome to Hungry Onion! Another Monmouth County resident it seems, nice to have you on board.

If you don’t mind where or how did you hear of us?

Found the link on Goggle as I searched for the latest on Pueblo Magico…

2 Likes

Excellent!! Glad you found us, here is the link to the general “Hello - tell us about yourself” thread if you want to introduce yourself to the wider audience! No obligation either way, I hope you enjoy your time on Hungry Onion.

You can pick your own steak at TRH? Do you walk up to an actual display case or do they bring a tray with some steaks to choose from? (Or something different all together)

Oh yeah, you walk right up to the counter (ala’ Butchers Block but no prime or aged meat…just like the Butcher’s Block…joke!) where they have steaks and you can pick out which you want. Honestly I’m telling you for the mid-range steakhouses this is the best. NJ Monthly just named them the best steakhouse in Monmouth County, in front of (someone name escapes me for #2) and Brennans.

Additional plus, they have the peel and eat peanuts like Barnacle Bill’s use to, shells on the floor and all. The also have and line dancing for no apparent reason! The only “issue” I would say I have with the place, it’s a bit too family friendly. Lot’s of kids, they even have promotions like make your own sundae bar for kids etc. Not that it’s a bad thing, but it’s certainly not a business meeting type environment where you could certainly do business at Outback if you should choose.

1 Like

I started scrolling back but still don’t know…WHAT IS TRH??

1 Like

Texas Road House

1 Like

Thanks, @hcentro!

They have a big display case up front to pick from. OR you can ask for a specific size and cut and they will make it for you in the back and bring out one or two. I sometimes order a 36 oz RibEye and they will bring 3 fresh cut ones out. That is thick enough that they can cook it properly (still a bit pink in the middle but with a nice ‘crunch’ on the outside) and eat it for 3 days … lol

1 Like

Nice! Forget Peter’s. Hit up Mar belo and let us know how the 60oz prime ribeye is!

3 Likes

Nice Rack.

3 Likes

Not for nothing but the one time I did do they didn’t have it.

I think Friday and Saturday they have them. I’ve called twice and they had them but I never got there. It would help if I knew Portuguese

It would help if everybody knew Portuguese. :wink:

2 Likes

Drove by Peters a tad after 8. There was about a 13 to 14 cars out front

1 Like

A few days ago, I saw the person from Peter’s who I spoke to (head chef/GM) advertising cooking lessons on one of the town Facebook pages. Sure enough, I drive past Peter’s tonight at around 5:30 and there are no lights on and no cars in parking lot. Have they too bitten the dust?

3 Likes

I’m am guessing they went under.

2 Likes