Your Latest/Favorite Digestif?

Okay, I am now the proud owner of a bottle of green chartreuse. And I have become a fan. A big fan.

3 Likes

I like B&B a lot!

1 Like

OK, you got me. I bet this is one dish for which Escoffier would’ve wanted a Mulligan.

1 Like

Yes! I love how it’s not as sweet as Grand Mariner or Drambuie, but has the interesting flavors of the Benedictine. Those monks of yesteryear used their time well I think!

1 Like

Malört. Although I’m kinda kidding, I do like the initial bitterness.

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Or a in pound cake!

Another Malört fan here! I kind of use it as medicine.

1 Like

At the back of a foodie magazine (“Chocolatier” ?) Chambord used to run an ad for a mix of equal parts of Chambord and Cognac. On a business trip to Piscataway, N.J., spending time at the hotel bar after dinner with my travel companions, I decided to try it. Definitely recommended! The lady serving behind the bar was rather generous with her pours, so we left in good spirits, with her tip jar generously endowed.

3 Likes

I tried Benedectine earlier this week; it reminded me of yellow chartreuse.

In other news, I want to try to find the Istrian raspberry liquor that I mentioned upthread. Fernet Branca was also fun.

1 Like

If you happen to have a bottle of Chambord, a shot of it is also delicious in a margarita! Realize that’s not a digestive, but a great use of it. I’ll have to get a bottle of cognac & try that w/Chambord.