Your Latest/Favorite Digestif?

Oh! You’re correct. But what am I supposed to check out?

a glass of the elixir of long life, of course, chartruese

Oh, I’ve had it. Not a huge fan, but I can see how it would be useful.

2 Likes

Carefully chosen - there’s a lot of rocket fuel out there.

1 Like

Not sure of one can objectively describe the difference in taste. All I can say is that it tastes really good, still sweet but smoother than the regular. Like going from a 20 dollar whiskey to a 50 dollar one. Can you get it easily?

1 Like

I think so, but I haven’t tried. I’m not much of a consumer of GM to start with–a very occasional drizzle over/into something.

I can see that being nice in a margarita.

1 Like

Sure, in which case less sweet might not be desirable.

1 Like

personally i do love a margarita that’s not super sweet, but that little cadillac float can be nice. I haven’t tried the fancy grand marnier but i would gladly give it a shot and pour it a little on top like you mentioned. I count on fresh lime juice, silver tequila and have been throwing in a few jalapeno rings too.

1 Like

If you can already accomplish less sweet (and brighter) by just using Cointreau.

See, https://abarabove.com/cointreau-vs-grand-marnier/#:~:text=How%20Do%20Cointreau%20and%20Grand,vanilla%20and%20an%20oaky%20sweetness.

1 Like

good info…what about triple sec? ive seen that used in margaritas too.

Yup. Usually cheaper, too.

My dad liked Fernet Branca. After he died, I brought home a few of his bottles of stuff, among them a bottle of Fernet. Which I dropped on my travertine floor. Spoiler: it stains, big time. Thank god for the Internets. I applied a poultice of peroxide soaked paper towels (needs to be hair coloring strength, not first-aid strength), covered it with plastic, and let it sit for 24 hours. Whew! It worked- stain gone - however, I’m taking it as a Sign not to bring Fernet into my home ….

2 Likes

I wonder if Triple Sec would be just as good in a soufflé. That GM is more than three times the price of the TS.

If it’s any use, noccino (black walnut) liquer is the worst at staining things I’ve encountered.

I enjoy the FB occasionally, but it’s anything but subtle.

I will note this in my “Handy Guide to Housework Disasters” file.

I saw this recently on the Quebec liquor board (SAQ) site, but it’s not available currently. Has anyone here tried it?

It’s Raspberry and Peach Grand Marnier.

2 Likes

Interesting. Never heard of anything that mixes raspberry and peach, even jam.

If you try it, please report back.

My favorite is B&B, and in a rare mood, I’ll go for an Absinthe.

1 Like

Peach Melba?

1 Like