Your favorite or "go-to" late night snack? If you have one?

I only do this once a month or so, because I don’t eat a lot of late-night snacks. But my #1 favorite midnight snack is sardines on Triscuits.

I pour off about 3/4 of the oil, dump the fish and remainder oil in a bowl, and fork-mash with about a gram each of pepper and salt. Sometimes some hot sauce, sometimes not. Then spread on Triscuits and enjoy.

While I like mixed nuts or pretzels or whatever, nothing quite hits the spot like sardines and Triscuit crackers.

What’s your go-to late night snack?

2 Likes

sex

2 Likes

No questions.

3 Likes

Isn’t that kind of a calorie expenditure?

How can that be a snack? Snacks ADD calories!

OK, no questions, but a statement of fact.

Cheetos crunchy or starve.

No Puffs!

(My God You’ve Gotten Fat)

(NO PUFFS! … er… No CAPES!)

3 Likes

You obviously have much to learn.

But then, you keep doing you. :wink:

2 Likes

I still say it’s like the celery (myth) where it burns more than you intake.

If you’re doing it right, that is. (recalling an old SciFi novel by Heinlein where he claimed that all the exercise a man or woman needed could be obtained in bed.)

Muesli.

No, it’s not over-snacking. It’s just having breakfast very early.

4 Likes

Old school here.a cookie and a glass of my favorite plant milk

1 Like

Cheese.

5 Likes

A small bowl of cereal with a little milk… plain cheerios or grape-nuts, sometimes corn flakes.
Whatever cereal is on sale that week, I usually pick up a box and keep it in the pantry.

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. CRUNCHY cheetos – or no cheetos at all.

2 Likes

Fritos if I have them, or a handful of cashews. Otherwise, a square of chocolate for sweet, or ruffled potato chips for salty. I usually just walk into the kitchen and see what strikes my fancy.

2 Likes

I would add half a lemon or lime, and a few onion slivers, myself.

1 Like

Cabbage with ponzu.

1 Like

Cheese

2 Likes

You’re not listening to the kids these days.

“Oh, she/they/he’s a SNACK!” is the 2020’s “SCHWING!”

4 Likes

ill-advised late night snacks:

Trader Joes White Cheddar Puffs or Pirate Booty (Cheddar Blasted). If chocolate M&M’s are on hand, alternating handfuls.

JIF peanutbutter and Ritz crackers

(when it’s really bad) Grilled cheese sandwiches, dipped in jarred spaghetti sauce.

2 Likes

When my BFF visited me in Berlin this summer, we ran out of Nutella to dip peanut flips into, so we melted a few Lindor balls in the MW :joy:

3 Likes

A toasted buttered English muffin with peanut butter and grape jelly along with a glass of cold milk.

4 Likes