Your favorite hangover cure(s) for the next day are.....?

With that kind of mis en place, we’d softly scramble the eggs in a lot of butter to go with the rest of the beer.

1 Like

Well, yes but advil on top of the alcohol fries it even faster!

1 Like

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/the-surprising-food-that-can-make-your-hangover-disappear/ar-BBnQKNk?li=BBnb7Kz

1 Like

I’ve bought a couple of bean and cheese burritos with extra hot sauce the day before and put in the fridge and gotta say this is a godsend when your just too wrecked to go out but need something to eat and already to go with a little zap in the micro…

Hopefully, this thread will come in handy tomorrow morning :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

Happy New Year’s Eve festivities, y’all. Stay hydrated!!

3 Likes

Vitamin B12 (500 microgrammes every couple of hours). Try it. It really, really works wonders.

I picked up the tip from this entertaining article:

1 Like

That reminds me . I’ll will be swimming in alcohol tonight for New Years Eve . One cure I use if I think I am going to be hung-over is Pedialyte and Bayer aspirin . I’ll pick these up today .

Scrapple, egg, & cheese sandwich, smothered with habanero sauce.

1 Like

Ugh. Tried Pedialyte once. Vile stuff. Never again. Much prefer Gatorade.

2 Likes

I try to drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic drink, which helps most of the time. But if that plan doesn’t work out high flow oxygen and an IV of Lactated Ringers does wonders. I work in healthcare and someone always needs to practice IV starts.

2 Likes

I’m with you there – had it on hand for the kiddoes when I had a tummy problem, so I tried it. Blergh – no wonder kids won’t drink that stuff – it’s awful!!

I bought some of the “flavored” Pedialyte when I was having some medical issues towards the end of 2015. Even that was ghastly (and I didn’t realize that they flavored it with something that exacerbated my issues!). I switched to Gatorade to get my electrolytes back in order.

As for hangover this morning? Didn’t have one. Only had a couple of glasses of wine pre- and with dinner, with no after-dinner drink. And was in bed before midnight.

I have a headache

Everything Science Knows About Hangovers—And How to Cure Them

1 Like

Maybe I was too busy dancing my pants off, but I feel prettttttty ok today. Tired? Yup. But I drank gin & soda all night, so maybe there was enough water in my drinks to keep my hydrated :smile:

Hope those of you who are ailing feel better soon, and check out naf’s recent link.

2 Likes

[quote=“linguafood, post:35, topic:2667”]
I drank gin & soda all night,
[/quote]:dizzy_face:

I nursed a girlfriend through a gin hangover one day (yes, it took the whole day) and it was so ridiculously awful I vowed to never drink enough of the stuff to put myself in that position.

Gin is an ugly hangover.

Not sure if I’m happy or not that I’m too old to get myself hung over.

True - I just watched a video of a New Year’s eve party we went to in 1988/89. The hangover after that one could not have been good. I had not yet learned that mass quantities of tequila and wine do not mix! I think I’m more glad that I have learned… maybe!

Oh yeah – BTDT. A now legendary 3 gimlet night… more legendary for the aftermath.

Guess I danced more than I drank last night.

1 Like

you better yet, emglow?

:ambulance::pill:

I’m better . took a nap . made potato pancakes with crème fraiche . smoked salmon , chives . still kind of a headache . having some wine and perking up. happy new year .