Your favorite food scene in a movie

Yikes. I didn’t remember that part, abd now I can’t not remember it.

2 Likes

I watched the 1933 film One Sunday Afternoon yesterday on TCM - it was filmed several times more, most famously in a musical remake called The Strawberry Blonde in 1941. It has a great food scene about 45 minutes in, where Gary Cooper sits down to a meal prepared by his unappreciated wife, Frances Fuller:

Cooper: Say, that’s what I’d call some kind of feast! Everything I like! Scrapple, baking powder biscuits, squash…

Didn’t we have a whole thread on scrapple on HO?

Yes there was here some time back. (Scrapple not Snapple)

2 Likes

In the movie ‘Rocky Balboa’, Rocky owns a restaurant. All of the restaurant scenes were filmed at Victor’s Cafe in South Philly. Victor’s was famous for good italian food and because all the wait staff sang opera. It was my favorite restaurant in the 90s & 2000s. Victor’s was originally an RCA Record outlet owned by a man who loved opera.

2 Likes

One of my all time favorite movies, always wanted to make the Timpano but never worked up the motivation!

1 Like
1 Like

In memory of Peter Fonda, who passed away today at age 79, here is the meal scene at the ranch house in Easy Rider (1969) beginning at the 1:30 mark:

4 Likes

“Do your own thing in your own time”
Great movie

1 Like

Double rock and rye and seven Carlings:

3 Likes

love the the scene in prison where paul sorvino is slicing garlic with a razor blade.

5 Likes

Does the lobster scene in Venom count? I thought it was hilarious…

A different scene from Eat Drink Man Woman was already posted, but the opening sequence to me is just amazing and sets the whole tone of the movie. My suggestion is don’t watch this if you’re hungry or almost hungry, and especially if you really love Chinese food.

3 Likes
1 Like

Any food scene in Babette’s Feast

Or the delightful Pieces of April

And I can’t say it’s my favorite, but like a bad accident, I just can’t look away. The chicken scene in Eraserhead

1 Like

Apparently, some actors have fine tuned the food in a movie scene bit. LOL.

1 Like
5 Likes

Funny, I’ve watched The Big Chill a few times in the last week (no, I don’t know why :crazy_face:
90-y-o mom has been singing Jeremiah, Ain’t too Proud and Grape Vine all week :astonished:

2 Likes

Before that, there was this:

4 Likes

You’re on a great flick roll!!

That is one of my all time favorite movie scenes

1 Like