Your favorite food scene in a movie

3 Likes

Not your typical business dinner:

3 Likes

Not your typical business lunch:

1 Like
1 Like

Robert Deniro in Jacknife, when he orders pretty much the whole menu for breakfast at a diner and eats it all.

1 Like

A small part of Gosford Park:

1 Like

Fish Fight!!!

1 Like

I donā€™t understand what they were saying but amazing to see Robert De Niro in it. I esoecislly loved him in Ronin and Midnight Run.

Speaking of Ronin, how could we overlook Jean Reno:

2 Likes

Not my all time favorite scene but the recent AUCE take down thread reminded me of The Klumps.

All the food scenes in Big Night . From the starch to the timbale .

2 Likes

Where are my spaghetti and meatballs?

1 Like

Okay, itā€™s sophomoric, but itā€™s food in a movie:

3 Likes

That Uncle Buck pancake makes me smile. My husband and I frequent a sweet little cafe for Saturday breakfast, where the owner will prepare a large single pancake specially for a young man who comes in with his parents. Apparently the young man will only agree to eat a large pancakeā€”regular-sized ones wonā€™t do for him.

Uncle Buck to the rescue again.

3 Likes

My husband has been having a bit of dental work, and says the dentist is recommending pancakes, and that only homemade will do. She and I go way back, but for some reason he doesnā€™t want me to consult with her.

I hope that your husbandā€™s dental work is as easy on him as possible. Though I canā€™t think of a movie scene with mashed potatoes and peas, mash and peas is what I lived on for a week after I had my wisdom teeth out.

2 Likes

Heā€™s fine. He just likes to eat my pancakes WAY more than I like to make them.

2 Likes

Then and now:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been wondering if I should watch that. Iā€™m not a fan of too much graphic violence. Hard to guess with De Niro. But Iā€™ll mostly chance it. Whatever happensā€¦

On a recent household assignment to fetch pizza, the striking thing was the empty dining room looked a bit like a warehouse of boxes assembled and ready to go ā€“ some stacks rising at least six feet above the table top or bar top ā€“ and we remembered this scene from the Oscar winner:

Weā€™d expect the staff would rather be overrun with filling phone and online orders, let alone handling table service, than getting ahead of their anticipated packaging needs.

1 Like