Your Favorite Dish Brush?

I have tried many. They all sort of work, but I’ve settled on one make/model. The more I use it, the more I’m convinced I’ll stick with it forever. Natural materials, durable “Goldilocks” size head. https://www.redecker.de/en/milk-bottle-brush-320601

What’s your favorite and why?

4 Likes

I’ve actually had a couple of those, and an Oxo nylon one that’s the same shape. I like natural brushes better, but I’ll take whatever is available. It’s the shape above all - good for dishes and cups and glasses.

1 Like

I don’t have a dish brush. I do have a dish cloth and a scouring pad. Does that count?

3 Likes

Counts for me. I don’t use brushes… but am a fan of the Dobie pads (which work well and are pretty safe on everything).

3 Likes

I like my oxo hand palm brush.

2 Likes

No brush. Scrape, wipe with sponge (hot, detergent suds), once over with 'scrunge" if necessary.

1 Like

I use multiple weapons. My favorite dish brush is a natural fiber one similar to a Lola, but I also use sponge (biodegradable), fiber scrub pad, and linen dish cloths. The dog dish has a dedicated nylon bristle brush that will probably last forever.

I almost forgot the why. Natural fibers seem more tenacious. Nylon sort of skips smoothly over things. Also, biodegradability is important to me, especially on things that wear out and need regular replacements.

4 Likes

Mine is a Redecker, too. Great products.

3 Likes

The angled head shape you pictured was one of the brushes I cycled through. Not sure if any of those were Redecker. I moved on because the bristles seemed to always lay down flat with use, and I didn’t like the way they fit into things like glasses and cups.

I do cut down the handle of those Redecker bottle brushes, though.

2 Likes

I have the same brush in horse hair and looking forward to trying it.

1 Like

Horse hair? Isn’t horse hair expensive? You use it for dish brush? The last time I remember about some insistance of horse hair is for a Chinese music instrument: Er Hu. The bow is made of horse hair.

2 Likes

Same price as tampico.

1 Like