Woody's Tinton Falls, NJ

Just giving some love to a solid local spot, Woody’s. While @seal likes to say 1st Ave in Atlantic Highlands is the best foodie street in Monmouth County, I’m going to call the corner of Sycamore and Tinton Ave in Tinton Falls to be the best foodie corner in Monmouth County. While I’m not claiming any of the restaurants to individually be the “best” you really can’t go wrong at any of the three locations there.

MJ’s solid sushi, pizza, sandwiches and general nosh type food. Woody’s a bit of a step up with solid fish, salads taco’s and some decent steaks etc. Finally Garguilo’s for very solid sit down Italian food. Includes the Dunkin, TF deli and newly added Nicolas Creamery and what more could anyone ask for within a 2 minute walk of each other!!!

I had short rib tacos and the Mrs. had a aloha bowl. The complimentary chips and pico are always fresh and delicious. Not pictured a very good French onion soup and drunken clans which we both enjoyed. Great quick meal at a very convenient location for us.

7 Likes

Noticed on thread.
If any of you like spice and flavor, can grill, and haven’t tried this as a marinade…get thee some Gochujang quick-like.

4 Likes

Pork tenderloin with gochujang marinade. Get the mild unless you really like the heat.

8 Likes

What brand did you use?

Just an FYI - both of these cost about the same but the big red tub from the Asian Market gives you more than 30x more. Just sayin.

3 Likes

The tub contains 1 kg. The bottle contains 9 ounces.

1 kilogram = 35.274 ounces

The tub contains a little less than 4 times as much. (Still a much better deal)

One of the moderators of this board is a math teacher, you should run your calculations by him next time.

6 Likes

Even just looking at the picture, you can see the multiplier is closer to four than to thirty.

This is the one I pulled from HMart. Look for the chile pepper for heat. Maangchi is a good person to follow on YouTube for Korean cooking

20210805_210036

3 Likes

Kale Salad w/ Grilled Tuna and Lava Cake w/Ice Cream

2 Likes

How did you like the tuna steak? Looks good!! I’m a big fan of their Outerbanks Salad, with blackened mahi mahi, curious to hear how the tuna was.

I buy the same size from the sian store Gochuchang is one of m8y favorite condiments when I am cooking seared Costco’s marinaded salmon with a side dish of cellophane noodle. I add gochuchang and other condiments to the marinade to cook the cellophane noodle. jsut had that last night for dinner.

I enjoyed it. Not exceptional, but definitely satisfying.