Why is it always NYC?

I don’t.
Seal, how about you?

1 Like

I’m so old I have a sundial in my yard, but no dial ( rotary ) phone

I wonder if there is a way to somehow combine a rotary phone with some truffles…

1 Like

I’ve heard about yards. If I only had 3 feet, I’d have one.
(are we thru yet?)

2 Likes

Let’s get back on the topic (not really :sweat_smile:). Let’s be honest. Do we dislike truffle fries or do we dislike truffles fries that are sold for $200. There is a difference there. I bet one can make French black truffle French fries under $20 for sure. It definitely won’t have the gold dust…

• A 23k edible gold dust topping
1 Like

Doesn’t NYC have their own variety of truffles?
They are, after all, the center of the universe.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

No, let’s not be ridiculous. NYC is only center of the solar system. :wink:

2 Likes

Truffles have a much more subtle taste to me than cheap truffle oil or truffle salt. I know they are using fake-o stuff, but I like truffle salt and crumbled bleu cheese fries along with an outlandish burger and a Pearl Snap. I think I can bring it in, 20% tip included, for under $30 in Austin.

1 Like

I dislike when NYC=Manhattan, but maybe that doesn’t happen much, or anymore.

Sigh. I’m getting over it. I’ve lived in California for more years than not, but still say I’m from New York. I saw a great outer boroughs article recently. It was sort of old.

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out how blanching them in Champagne affects the taste. I’d rather drink a glass of it with the fries.

7 Likes

Or drink it and skip the fries :fries:

4 Likes

I’ll take a split of Bollinger and fries from McD. Save myself about $150.

5 Likes

I actually like Manhattan – at least a good part of it. I actually feel in many ways Manhattan is more grounded than Los Angles.

1 Like

I can’t argue with that!

For the record, I don’t dislike Manhattan. I just don’t know that it adequately represents NYC.

Los Angeles certainly doesn’t adequately represent California.

6 Likes

Yup. Picked this one up at a flea market years ago. Keep it at the county house. 50 year old phone to go with the 150 year old house. Dog had to check what I was doing when I pulled the phone out. No one actually uses the phone. Just get spam robo calls on it.

6 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

I had a toy one in my office for many years and was always surprised when small children would pick it up, start dialing, and talking into the corded handset ( I think that’s what it’s called). Where have they seen that?

2 Likes

Interesting. I know a lot of people do not know how to use a rotary phone.

2 Likes

That was great! Thanks! Not every little one would choose that to play with, but some did! It seems like the majority of the kids in the video at least recognized what it was.

2 Likes

Even 10+ years after the movie. I was dragged to Serendipity to have a frozen hot chocolate on the July 4th weekend of 2008, years after the movie, but because of the movie. It was part of a bachelorette weekend. The other ladies bought Serendipity frozen hot chocolate mix to make frozen hot chocolate at home.

We were seated at a table in a tight spot, and I bumped the back of my head on a cabinet mounted on the wall, behind my chair, with a sharp corner, which I’d think meant many customers before me and after me have bumped their head on that cabinet.

1 Like