Why do you 🍴?

Saw this on Reddit and thought it could promote discussion here on why we all
:fork_and_knife:?

There has been sprinklings throughout several threads here so it seems to be a discussion worth having.

1 Like

I do it for a wide variety of reasons, including, I like it, I agree with it, I feel happy for the poster even if it does not reflect my personal preference, I encourage a sentiment…

7 Likes

Same. Which is why I just fork-knifed your comment.

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s for the typical “like”, other times I just feel like telling someone to go “fork” themselves.

3 Likes

my proposal:

9 Likes

TBH, as much as I hated the different reactions on Facebook when they were first introduced (ya know, the like, the love, the laugh, sad, wow & angry reacs), I wish there were at least the laugh option here besides the knife & fork. So many posters are funny & talented writers, and the knife & fork don’t quite get that across.

I suppose that could also be considered to be abused by some in a PA way, so perhaps best stick to the basics :wink:

3 Likes

What Tim said with the addition that if I ask someone a question and get a response, I always try, at a minimum even if I also do not reply to that response, to fork `em as a thank you for taking the time to reply.

9 Likes

I hope this goes better than that last reddit thread.

2 Likes

Pretty much the same. I also like someone’s post just to let them know I appreciate that they are contributing to the site. I try to avoid liking when there is a back and forth bickering going on, even if I agree with one side, I just don’t think it helps resolution of whatever their dispute is.

13 Likes

Hi Brisket,

I have been :fork_and_knife: both sides because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
However, reading your response has helped me realize that your way is probably wiser and I plan to adopt that method myself.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Olunia

2 Likes

?? - Did it explode?

I usually use it when I agree with someone, have nothing of value to add to add, but want to add my support to that opinion.

I also sometimes use it when someone posts something I find particularly funny or interesting, but I am too lazy or unimaginative to properly respond.

8 Likes

Spontaneous Combustion

I just find bickering with strangers online to generally be petty nonsense.
I’ll bicker live though - in real life I can be petty.

2 Likes

I’m ONLY petty on the internet.
:scream_cat: :smiley:

5 Likes

@brisket44 and @bbqboy

:laughing: :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m only pretty on the internet. If I was single and using dating `sites, this would be my profile photo (or something like this, anyway).

Then I’d wear bodycam for the date and make a compilation of facial expressions called “Women baffled by proposed date’s FATHER showing up in his place”.

(OK, I will stop now.)

4 Likes

Thank you because my sides hurt !

1 Like

I upvote a post to show approval or support. It might have been entertaining, informative, profound or perhaps heartbreaking.

4 Likes

Similar to Vecchiouomo. Often time it is about me agreeing the post content. Other times, simply me showing appreciation a topic or a point is bought up.

3 Likes