Why do you 🍴?

When the OPP is my own:

I :fork_and_knife:to thank people for their input or to acknowledge that I have read their post.

Other reasons include:

Your post made me laugh and I appreciate your sense of humour.

I agree with your post

After reading a few posts on this thread, I now try not to empathize with both parties anymore because it could exacerbate the conflict rather than to help resolve it.

P.S.
I also decided to use the emoji’s to express that I find your post funny rather than :fork_and_knife: it.

1 Like

How refreshing and new. Thank you. Full disclosure I am typing this on my fire breathing gaming desk top. This is so humiliating but it took me a really long time to figure out the whole like thing here. Derp. Hey I finally figure it out and I often think of the like as a “roger that”. It can be a lonely feeling when no one responds and maybe thinks “is this thing on? Bah crickets again?” Typing on a desk top is a different experience and I try to limit my time on the internet but give it my full attention. I avoid shortcuts when possible. Thanks for a new topic

1 Like

I am a very late, HIGHLY reluctant participant in social media. I’m one of the few people I know that does not have, and has NEVER had, a FB, twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. account. None of them. The closest I get is here/FTC and reddit. And I was a (relatively) late-comer to reddit, having joined in what was the great Digg exodus, though that was just coincidental timing on my part.

So I never really remember to :fork_and_knife: or upvote. But I find lately I’ve been taking note of it, and trying to return the favor, because it seems, I dunno… social?

For me it means “I have read your post and value its addition to the discussion.” without any particular endorsement of its content.

1 Like

Where’d you get my photo from? Next time, ask permission plz.

1 Like

Me, too. I still forget to hit it.