Why are we not talking in NY/CT

And this, boys and girls, is Why are we not talking in NY/CT

Care to elaborate for those of us who are a little slower in following what exactly you are referring to?

I love watching the spin, the raise, the re-positioning. But in the end it was not that good. And then they gave me that bathroom sized glass of soda, maybe 4 oz glasses. I looked and felt it was please hurry and get out.

I heard of a new place down the road in Bridgeport, Brewportā€¦looks like great pizza.

Care to elaborate for those of us who are a little slower in following what exactly you are referring to?

Of course. To wit, the obnoxious personalities on this board who have moved it away from a discussion of food - starting with the slam on my personal reviews in a thread I started, now dead - to the attacks by two people on just about everybody.

Clearer now?

Much, thank you!

Now if I may clarify a point or two for you.

First, this board is a NY/CT board, itā€™s about food related topics in this specific area. This is not strictly a food specific board, itā€™s a regional board. As such this thread, which was created by @winecountrygirl was created with the very specific intent to discuss the lack of discussion taking place here. In case you missed it hereā€™s the title to the thread;

" Why are we not talking in NY/CT"

I think thatā€™s pretty clear in indicating this discuss will not be about food. So if you are upset about this discussion not being about food personally I think your displeasure is misplaced.

Now again you did say this ā€œboardā€ and not this ā€œthreadā€ so if there is something else going on this board that has you upset in general you should email @hungryonion (thatā€™s the boards admin in case you werenā€™t aware) and let them know. To just make scarky comments to people, calling people obnoxious etc. is rather obnoxious behavior in itself, so it seems rather counter productive to me if you are perturbed by those behaviors, why then demonstrate them yourself.

If you feel you were ā€œslammedā€ somewhere flag it and move on, why dwell? Let me share with you something I was taught in life; Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, some just stink more than others. Itā€™s a fact of life. You encounter a stinky one, donā€™t stick around, move on let it be. I for one arenā€™t going to stick around trying to wash the stink out of peopleā€™s opinions! (Well maybe Iā€™ll try a little, like now, where Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m one of the obnoxious personalities you are speaking of. If I am thatā€™s ok, Iā€™ve been called worse. Possibly by better, but I donā€™t know you well enough to fairly judge that)

So letā€™s not try to fight fire with fire, all we will have left is scorched earth. If something has upset you flag it, if nothing is done, ignore it. Making subsequent obnoxious comments will do nothing to help your cause.

You can always in box me and vent if you like. Privately you can even call me worse names than obnoxious too! Itā€™s ok because again Iā€™ve heard worse, and to be honest words donā€™t hurt me!

Cheer up my friend, there will be plenty more discussions about food for you, that is exactly what we are trying to do, develop more discussion. Unfortunately to develop it, we canā€™t just directly talk about it, so itā€™s off topic a bit.

Have a good day!

Love it

Wow, lots of words. Perhaps some day Iā€™ll read them all.

None of the vitriol was directed at you, darling, calm down.

And I did flag her, nothing was done.

Have a nice day, sweetie.

I agree. I tried to take this back to food with the Pepeā€™s sub-thread. Too much worthless babble.

Letā€™s get back to real food topics versus hotel rooms, ubers, roy rogers in NJ and playground scuffles. We need to be inviting not sand throwing to grow and survive.

True. And on the food note - heading to Stanziatoā€™s later!!! Cantā€™ wait, especially after that awful pizza last night.

:cry::cry::cry: (just kidding :smiley:) Once again if you want the topic to be about food why not lead by example instead of trying to insult people? Think about that, and have a nice day. Sincerely.

Please note that personal insults are not accepted on this forum. No name calling. This threadā€™s tone is turning negative quickly. If we need the nyct board to grow, this threadā€™s tone is not welcoming to new users.

3 Likes

I concur.

1 Like

You guys started a fight without me? Seriously though. How did you guys even start a fight in such a benign topic? This is not about tipping % or minimum wage or tax on sodaā€¦etc.

1 Like