Why are we not talking in NY/CT

I find even the quality of chains significantly better both on Long Island and in NJ.
My post wasn’t really addressing the traffic on this board.

1 Like

Hopefully things will pick up here

LI is welcome!!! Do you have any fellow islanders you can invite?

I so agree. You can get a good meal for a decent price on LI and NJ, That is what we are missing here. A good place at a fair price. And where they don’t get a fortune for a glass of wine! What might start out looking fair priced on a menu can turn in to a fortune if you add 2 drinks each.

Gastronomous, for one! But you may have scared him off :wink:

1 Like

Is it our dysfunctionality ?

I seem to recall in the old days, in another place and time, that it was better when Westchester and CT were separate from other locales. They need their own board apparently.

My memory is that the tri state board worked well

1 Like

HAH! Couldn’t you just feel the heat from the flames if we did that? :joy:

Not to worry, rich, you were spot on.

I think that to attract more interest in this board we need to have something interesting to say. Let’s just start talking and others who are interested in the conversation can join in.

There is a relatively new place in Hartsdale, Kishuya. It’s in the shopping center with Harmon drugs. It bills itself as an izakaya, but I think it is more simply a ramen noodle house. I have been there for lunch a couple of times. The food is good, freshly made to order. It’s slightly confusing because they give you 4 different menus, including daily specials, drinks, monthly specials and the regular menu. We enjoyed the lunch special ramen noodles, loved the black pepper wings, salad and fried rice. Always nice to try a new place!

Thanks for the review … we have passed it up a couple of times
next time we are in the area we will go for it.

How? By simply saying that I don’t know anything about LI? That was not saying he/she shouldn’t discuss it, just that I couldn’t

Sounded to me like you didn’t know anything yet had no interest in learning anything either. There aren’t enough southerners to pick up the slack right now. Hey you brought it up, I kind of don’t really care either way :wink: But you DID want to know why people weren’t talking. Just my two cents.

Well that was not taken the way it was meant.

Thanks, glad to hear that! Kind of hard without facial backup and all that.

1 Like

I’m here and present.
Ready to eat! :blush:

2 Likes

Well,neither is a restaurant and not exactly health food,but I’ve been going to the Bronxville Farmer’s Market, and those pesky veggies turn to bread and pies when I go. Two exceptional stands (both pricey). Bien Cuit -sensational breads,but You better have your own teeth- they are known for thick crusts,and pie lady and sons. Both the kinds of places I wish there were more of in Westchester. Closest I can think of is kneaded bread- very good but not quite the same and as far as pie lady- they are based in rockland and i can’t think of another bakery around here as good- granted have missed a few- have to at least pretend to diet

Sounds great. I love crusty bread. I hope they don’t put it in to a plastic bag and ruin that nice crust!

For chains that don’t travel well in Westchester,you have onlt to look at Frank Pepe. I keep trying the yonkers location,it is convenient but have NEVER had a better than average pie there. I will no longer go to New Haven Too far and too many good local pies plus no longer the gold standard), but I have had very good in Fairfield. Lets see shake shack,frank pepe,super duper weenie and numerous others nearby. Nope for me the grass is greener

Gwenn-
I think if you brought your own plastic bag,they still might not sell it to you if you put it in a bag.croissants and pastries also. First stall as You enter and a very nice tattooed Lady to help. they have a web-site and restaurant