Who is up for indian table restaurant week dinner featuring Malvani region?

18th Aug is a Friday

1 Like

I’m sorry. I read my calendar wrong.

Tempting, but I’m not sure if I’ll be in the city that weekend. For now, plan without me.

I’m counting 10 so far

@vinouspleasure +1
@SteveR +1
@JenKalb +1
@small_h (no big_h correct?)
@ninkat
@Ziggy
me

(@DaveCook tbd)

1 Like

Correct! Just me, left to my own devices.

Don’t scare me. Feel free to leave the devices at home. :worried:

I made a reservation for 12 & told him that we might be 10 or 11.

Would we need to recruit someone off the street?

I could always eat for 3.

We should probably talk to them closer to the date to finalize #s, time &, most importantly, how to plate this meal for a large group, as its being served on individual thali’s (which probably won’t work for sharing, etc).

1 Like

Yes, agreed. I’ll be gone 'til 8/17, so not much help with this, unfortunately.

Thanks for making the reservation! Hoping @ Saregama steps up to the plate (as it were :smirk:) on the planning. I wouldn’t have a clue, though I am around and could help…but with “help” like that…

ditto! id be happy to consult on family-styling this meal if that would hejp

I dropped by this afternoon since I was in the area. He was way ahead of us. They plan to give each of us an individual thali with accoutrements, but to serve the mains “family style” so that we can all share/taste. He’s leaving the res. at 12 people but knows that we have 10 at this point. 7pm.

2 Likes

Steve -

If there are two slots available, my wife and I would love to join you, if that works for you.

If Dave Cook is now available, of course he should have priority.

By the way, the Restaurant Week Menu shown on Indian Table’s website seems to be different from the one shown on the Restaurant Week website. Instead of Malvan, it says the Restaurant Week menu is “A Tribute to Parsi Cuisine.” The menu has some similarities to the menu on the Restaurant Week website, but is not the same.

It does not matter to me, as both Malvan and Parsi cuisines are entirely new to us, but I thought I’d mention the discrepancy.

Here is a link to the menus on Indian Table’s website.

https://indiantableny.com/menu/

The Restaurant Week menu is about halfway down.

Doug Herbert

Doug

You and your wife are now in. Even though our res. is for 12, & we now have 12, they would easily allow us to become 13 if Dave wants to join.
You are correct about their on line menu. It’s incorrect and the dinner is Malvani, not Parsi. https://assets.ctfassets.net/1aemqu6a6t65/3HlcURl89Ji4FtE1Svsadt/dc1610addf22017795820ca0d4d529f3/Restaurant_Week_July_24th__2023.pdf. I forgot to mention that. See you on Friday at 7pm.

Great, thank you. Toni and I are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Doug

This is an even busier week for me now than when the dinner was first proposed, so I won’t sit in your way!

2 Likes

Hi folks – turns out I will have to eat my Malvani thali in Mumbai on Friday not in Brooklyn, as I still haven’t found a ticket back (all those damn students!)

(@SteveR I was going to suggest that you ask them to give a sampling of the seafood and meat thalis both, which Eric has already come up with on his own, the clever man!)

Very sorry to be missing this for both the company and the food.

We’ll miss you (again). Let us know when you return and we’ll schedule an emergency feeding.

1 Like